1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

few postings

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by shannonL, Oct 12, 2005.

1. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I enjoy posting on the BB and reading the opinions of others as much as the next person.
    Yet, don't some of you find it sad that the forum that gets posted on the least is the missions/evangelism forum?
    Evidently we american believers have to much time on our hands. Some people are dying for their faith in some parts of the world just because they go public with it. Yet, in our little world of the BB nobody likes to talk about missions or witnessing. We just like to squabble over petty issues just for the sake of being entertained for the most part. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong about anything. I'm just making an observation. Maybe if our hearts were as full of the same amount of passion for lost souls as it were for our little pet peeves and doctrinal differences we might see more people getting saved and baptized in our churches.
    We are just spoiled rotten in America when it comes to our faith. WE got it easy and its made us fat and sassy

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

American Christian's are spoiled, that's so true. We need to wake up and share the good news.
    I don't know why people don't post in this forum. Everytime I look there isn't really much here.
    I witness all the time, but I don't talk about it much. I'm driven to share God with others. It has seemed to me that alot of Christian's aren't. I don't know. I would love for everyone to come to the Lord.
    It would be nice if more posts were in this forum especially from older Christian's that have been doing it for a long time.

3. Servent

Servent Member

I use to think the same thing when I first became a member, I love to witness, and do all the time but like Rachel I dont talk about it much. I dont know why people dont post here more often.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    shannonL, I've been bothered about the same thing. Maybe it's up to us missionaries to get this topic going! I've been trying to think up some clever threads, but nothing has surfaced yet. Let's keep trying.

5. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

So we talk about it and nothing changes! I would like to throw out a subject for us to banter about. What do you think about this easy believism/numbers game many missionaries engage in? You know the old story, the one with the most professions seem to get all the accelades (and the finances). What about the pastors who have the "White Harvest Field" mentality. You know, the ones who say they want their missions dollars to support only the missionaries laboring in the white fields. Is that a good thing or bad? I have strong opinions about these things and would like to know if anyone else does.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have been here more than two years and this thread has always been slow.

I think part of the problem is that REAL soulwinning and witnessing is often a "mundane" (in a fleshly sense) day to day effort. I know that there are times when many weeks pass without anything "exciting" (in a fleshly sense)happening in our efforts.

Perhaps we could make this a place to share witnessing oportunities, how God opens doors, and sharing when He does work?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

I have some of the same concerns, perhaps you could open a thread.

BTW, welcome to the BB!

8. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

I am a new comer to this forum. I think I should observe and contribute for a while to earn my right! Besides, I am not too sure how to open it!

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It may be more due to the fact that there is not a lot of debate over that topic. We posters like to debate, challenge, discuss, etc.

OTOH, I do find it sad that a thread entitled something like "how can I share Christ with my friend" might get at best 5 posts, while a post entitled "vaccinating your kids" will go on, and on, and on.... It says something about our priorities, doesn't it.

10. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Do you mean how to start a topic? If so look at the top right hand of your screen, it says 'Start Topic'. It's in the blue box. Just click on that.