1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Filibuster -- GOP flip-flop

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There should be no surprise in this. Politics as usual. :laugh: And when they gain control again the GOP will be against the evil of the filibuster.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What bothers me about this is we heard height nor hair about the judicial hold ups from mainstream media outlets during the last eight years and now this is a big deal.

I could honestly care less. If we expect anything from Republicans and Democrats it should be that they will both lie to us equally and both don't have a care in the world for accomplishing something good for the American people without incentive.

Democrats don't like it than they can just pick up the Congressional Record for the past eight years and see how they did the exact same thing. Turnabout is fair play.

I was listening to NPR the other day and they spent considerable time (maybe 5 to 10 minutes) talking about this exact issue. I honestly can't remember them saying much at all about judicial confirmation hold ups during the Bush years. It seem quite ridiculous at this point.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

of course, ctb ignores why there's a filibuster:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

SOURCE

Of couse, since when did CTB begin to care about the victims of abortion?
    [/FONT]

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Excellent post. Both parties are worthless. Nothing will be solved by reelecting the Republicans because the Democrats are failing. Threads like this that create a false divide between the two parties only encourages the same, old failed policies the Democrats have been swapping back and forth for decades. People who create threads like this are part of the problem, not the solution, which is to elect people outside the two parties that wants to run our country by the Constitution.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I am not saying you are wrong, but do you really think we will see a third party in power any time soon?

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David Hamilton is a wild eyed liberal moonbat judicial activist who neither knows the law nor how to apply it.

And doesn't care. He just makes it up as he goes along. He is the laughing stock of all serious jurists.

The record on this clown:

#6 carpro, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009