1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Final Health Care Bill May Require Proof of Insurance on Tax Returns

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yep, give more power to the good old IRS. After what I saw them do to a widow lady a couple of years ago I'm of the opinion that they don't need more power but to have a lot of it taken away.

This lady had a letter from the IRS stating that her tax issues were resolved. Yet, serveral months later the IRS seized her vehicle and froze her bank account leaving her with no way to travel to work and no way to buy food for her children. We, the church, had to provide for her for a month. When confronted the IRS stated that an agent made a mistake and had not been authorized to send that original letter thus justifying thier actions against her. I will never trust the IRS after what I saw happen.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

How long until other facets of life are "monitored" by the IRS?

Hey...if healthcare passes, maybe the IRS could keep up with what I spend on food. Maybe they could hit me with a "lifestyle tax' for eating one too many french fries per month.

Nothing like power-hungry leaders. Bush did a lot of damage, and Obama's accelerating it.