1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Just because we don't like the reality of hell, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The Bible makes it CLEAR that there is a hell, that anyone who rejects the gospel of Jesus Christ will be there for eternity.
    Yes, I have cried about family members. How I pray about them is none of your business and has nothing to do with hell's reality!

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

mmmmmm hit a nerve I see--I did say you didn't even have to post your answer here--but I see with your anger I hit the target:love2::love2:

you right its no one of my business at all--but it is your business and God's

bless you amy and peace be with you :love2::love2::

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Nothing in what Amy said had any amount of anger in it. That you admit to that being your target is unfortunate and shows your objective.

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

bless you also dear brother :love2::love2::love2:

when someone lashes out in anger like that there was a nerve hit--we all need our nerves hit--including me and you friend :love2::

im not condemning her or making fun--we all have done it.

5. preacher4truth

You misrepresent Amy. Your target was to anger. That was your objective. Your objective has failed.

You are in fact condemning and making fun. Fact.

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

have you answered the question in your heart friend--instead of trying to make me out the bad guy--GOD put that on my heart to present to you folks.

is this how you react in church when a message hits the mark--??

blaming the preacher for making folks upset or frustrated ??

you are condemning God for putting his finger on peoples heart friend--careful.:love2::love2:

7. preacher4truth

You've made yourself out to be the bad guy. Your stated objective is to anger.

You're a universalist and an ME'er.

'Nuff said.

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Bless you brother and may God have mercy upon thee:love2::love2:

sounds like God's searching around in your heart also:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we don't pray for the lost enough - nor knee-callousingly enough - nor with enough mourning.

That's because we're flawed - even on our best day. It's because we are selfish - even on our best day.

But our lack of quantitatively acceptable prayer for the lost doesn't negate the reality of hell.

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

soft hearted people can watch sad movies about someone's loved ones dieing or something happening to them and cry and weep about something over TV that's not real.

But the everyday reality according as how you think HELL is--if you have a soft heart should put you on your face(not just you but all of us)before God weeping and crying for them.

Bottom line is hearts are hard--or we don't really believe what we say we do about certain things.:love2::love2:

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Cor. 3:13-15: Context.....

The "man" spoken of here is not any Christian or all Christians. The "man" of these verses is referring to preachers/pastors. This is clear in context.

Paul chastises the believers in vs. 1-4 for being immature as evidenced by their breaking into groups following one man's teaching or another man's teaching... (v. 4)"For when one says, 'I am of Paul,' and another, 'I am of Apollos,' are you not mere men?" (BTW, Paul uses himself and Apollos figuratively, not literally--Chp.4v.6)

Paul then explains God is the one who causes any growth, and that preachers/pastors are all fellow workers.... the Christians in their care are
    "God's field", "God's building" (God's Temple v.16)... and the preachers/pastors are the builders of the building.

Soooo.... in context... the building is the Christians under the care of preachers/pastors. The preachers/pastors are the ones who are building upon the foundation of Jesus (preaching and teaching) and whose work will be revealed by fire. The "fire" refers to persecution (a strong theme in I and II Corinthians. ref. to chp.4: 9-13)

The "work" refers to the believers in their care and their faithfulness in the midst of persecution.

v.14 "If any man's work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward" Meaning... if the preacher/pastor faithfully prepares the believers in his care so that they stand firm in the persecution that will come, then that preacher/pastor will receive a reward from Christ.

v.15 "If any man's work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire." Meaning... if the preacher/pastor fails to prepare the believers in his care and they fall away when the persecution comes... he suffers the loss (of his people? or his reward?) but shall not loose his salvation.

However... v.17 "If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are." Meaning, if anyone (the preacher/pastor or anyone else) intentionally destroys the Temple (the body of believers at any given location), then God will destroy that person.

BTW, although I agree with this interpretation, it did not originate with me... I heard it first from a Godly man in seminary.

#51 canadyjd, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You have not presented anything to counter my post of scripture. Feelings don't count. God is just and righteous. Sin must and will be punished eternally unless you are saved by the blood of Christ. That is Bible!

And I am not angry. I will however defend God's word passionately.

13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

HW, I wrote an article on my website a while back that explains some of this. Others here have added some useful analysis as well.

It's short and sweet, nothing real technical, but right to the point.

HELL! Would a Loving God Send Anyone There.

14. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Winner!

Clearly you do not believe in a literal hell, and this I think indicates why. For you it's a moral/emotional issue. You think God is unjust to punish sins eternally. You don't think that God is loving or righteous to do such a thing.

Also, I would wager that you have had someone, or several someones, close to you who have died as unbelievers so you WANT there to be a way out for them. You cannot stand the thought of them suffering for their sin and now instead of accepting biblical fact you turn to fables and false teaching to sooth your conscience. I feel sorry for you honestly.

Repent of your false beliefs and turn to true doctrine.

BTW, I frequently do what you say above. Not everyday but often.

:thumbsup:

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I understand your view amy--I used to hold it also but no longer

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

can you explain why that view of HELL is not even in the old testament at all ?

the ones who took their children and burned them alive to a false god--God condemned that and said that thought of doing such has that NEVER entered his mind to do so ??

After all such an important subject--would it not be recorded in the old testament for us and esp for the people of God before the New was given to them ??

God is Just and Fair in Judgement--not like some make him out to be a barbarian though.

Jonah got mad at God for granting Nin. repentance --they should have been judged and cast into HELL as you will say.

Why do people get mad that the Mercy of God far outweighs his judgements ?

God's intent through Christ was redemption of fallen man--I understand your view I once held it but God shined his light upon my ignorance :love2::love2:

final thought--that view that you hold only leads to a selfish and vengeful attitude that doesn't reflect the true love of God at all.

#56 HisWitness, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

your false assumptions are getting no where friend-- I really feel sorry for you friend to hold to that barbarian view of a Just and merciful God--who does Judge and hold accountable--But his mercy triumps over his judgement because that's who he is :love2::love2:

and I urgently plead with thee to let go of that traditional view that's not even taught in our bibles and let God shine upon you his glorius truth and be set FREE !!! from that barbaric view.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So where is Hitler right now? Mao Tse-tung, Sadaam Hussein? Christopher Hitchens?

Are they being purified somewhere? Why will God allow them to into His heaven?

19. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I made no false assumptions. I said you clearly do not believe in a literal hell. You've denied that there is an eternal hell. I said, "I'd wager" that you had an unbelieving family member or friend die. Wager means bet or gamble on. Doesn't mean i flatly assume the truth of my statement.

That makes no sense. You feel sorry for me because I believe that God is just and merciful? How is that view of God barbaric? Justice and mercy are not incompatible my friend. Those are two attributes clearly assigned to God in His inerrant word. You however believe in a god who doesn't have justice. Only your definition of 'love.'

Thee? What are we in 17th century England?

Not taught in our Bibles?

I urge you to look at this.
    http://carm.org/hell
    It's simple and straight to the point

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

its something you chose those to post--what about the moral religious church member that never hurt anyone--but never did repent in their life time???

lets look at hilter--he killed millions of jews I know--was all the jews saved--of course NOT--did they deserve to die and get abused as they did--yes we all do because of our wickedness.

now explain how to you that Hilter's barbaric acts were that worse than the view you hold ??

your view states that mankind will be tormented for eternity with no hope--even after God gave his Son for ALL mankind that was lost through adam.

millions upon millions upon billions upon trillons of people will be tormented for eternity by God ?? this view is so far more barbaric that what Hilter done in his day don't you think ??

God is NOT angry with mankind for an eternity--his mercies break through and consumes his creation.

Every man will PAY till the last cent is paid for their evil deeds upon this earth--true

But God's plan has remained always to be in redemptive order.

The purpose of the Fire is that of CORRECTION and NOT that of a always vindictive God who is pleased and gets gratification out of tormenting his creation for eternity.

you can bash,smash,and trash me and that that I post which is the true love of God towards his creation--its fine I will live and be joyful and thankful to God for his Glorius truth :love2::love2:

you will stand before God and give account though one day--and what will you say to him if this(which I believe it is)that I present is indeed true--it would serve you greatly to seek out and study and ask God to show you truth in sincerity that you might not be ashamed before him !!!