1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"First Amendment Auditors"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recd this email from the local Chamber of Commerce

Is this happening in your community?

Good morning Chamber Business Members,

We feel inclined to inform you of instances that have been occurring in our area. These instances could leave your business feeling embarrassed or even humiliated and we want to protect you from this and stop our community from being targeted.

Here is how this works:

There are people (such as the man pictured below) who are going to local businesses. They stand on the public sidewalk and then film your business. When you come out to ask why they are filming, you are told that it is their legal right. If you continue to engage with these people, they continue to record you. They especially like you to get upset, because this makes for better video footage.

Logically we think, well I better call the Police, so we do. Meanwhile, they continue to film the entire time. They then speak to the Police and film our Officers during the interaction. The Officers already know that they can do nothing because in fact it is legal to stand on a public sidewalk and film anything that can be seen from that area. Also please be aware that if someone can look into your business from a public sidewalk and see paperwork on your desk (from that public sidewalk) then they can legally film it.

These individuals call themselves First Amendment Auditors. They state they are trying to "educate" the community on legal rights to film wherever and whatever as long as it is from a public sidewalk or any other public location. They take their video footage and then post it to YouTube where they make money on every view the video gets. Google reports that income for a First Amendment Auditor can be upwards of $70,000.

So, what can you do to protect yourself from the individual below and others like him? Well, we cannot give legal advice as we are not attorneys, but we can suggest that if this individual (who goes by "Mr. Nice Guy") shows up on a public sidewalk near you, that you ignore him. Close your blinds and go about your day. It is a waste of time for the Police to be called as they cannot do anything. Not to mention that it takes them away from the true crimes happening in our local community.

If you have further questions on the above information, please feel free to reach out to me at the Chamber email address at [email protected]. As someone who has personally been targeted by the individual below, I feel that I can speak to this situation. It is time that we stop being a targeted community and the best way to do this is to just ignore him!

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not heard of such around here. The advice given is correct - ignore them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It been happening at federal facilities (guard stations/FPS) for years. They are intentionally provocative.

Most everyone knows to just tell them “have a nice day” and don’t interact. They post the coverage online. They are known to sue if told they have to leave the sidewalk. In the business is different.

BYW, you can google first adm audit and find hundreds, if not thousands of videos of these guys in action.

My favorite, I think, is when a guy told US Marshalls he could video in the federal courtroom. He was told no and tried to walk in anyway. He was pepper sprayed and arrested.

peace to you

4. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are not auditors, they are well-educated people taking advantage of other people's ignorance and fears. I think it's good to educate others, bu don't like how they do it.

I record in the same places, I just don't tell the whole world. Important lesson- the best secret is one ya keep your trap shut about.

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They refer to themselves as first amendment auditors.

peace to you

6. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And if the human trash in NAMBLA were to start proselytizing saying to molest children is a godly act, would that make them Christian? In fact, most (if not all) Christian denomination allege that the Mormons is a cult and doesn't believe in Jesus, yet the Mormons say they are Christian and believe in Jesus. So...which is it?
    Are the Mormons Christian or not?
    Are the "First Amendment Auditors" really auditors or con artists? We really can't judge them, but we can judge the Mormons. Hmmm.

#6 Centrist, Oct 8, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
  7. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has been a subject of interest of mine for more than a year.

These "auditors" are creeps with a low IQ. They show up in post offices, schools, construction companies, libraries, detention facilities, police stations and prisons --just to name a few places. They have their set lines which they copy from other auditors. They intentionally bother people to get views for their channels. They have to have encounters to keep money coming in. They are disgusting humans.

Long Island Audit is the most successful one. He makes at least a half million dollars per year. He is nauseating. I bet you're curious.

Chile DeCastro (Delete Laws) is crazy. He fancies himself as a constitutional law scholar.

Amagansett Press is out of his mind.

There quite a number of these kinds not only in America, which spawned this phenomenon, but Canada, the UK and Australia have followed suit.

I normally don't go to their websites. I watch shows that expose this sort of conduct. I like Vilified Freedom, Frauditor Troll and the John Ligato Show.