1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Five Points

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Van, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can count on Calvinists to misrepresent what those holding differing views say. Did I say what PB claims. Where is the quote? Did I not say when PB's split from Missionary Baptists, they were referred to as "anti-missionary Baptists?"
    Did I not say Hyper-Calvinists were know as "anti-missionary" Baptists?

There are plenty of Calvinist missionaries on the field today, and Calvinists having been very active sending missionaries for 200 years at least.

Misrepresent and malign is all they have folks.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly WHAT ARE THE DIFFERING VIEWS you have so far given, Van ?
    all I've read from you are rants about how, in so many words, Calvinists and those who hold to the doctrines of grace are curses from hell ?
    huh ?:confused:

No, Van. You did not.
    here's what you said in post#36..."Just Google Primitive Baptists and note they are described as (1) Calvinist Baptists, and (2) Anti-missionary. As I said, Calvinists try to change the subject to the behavior of those holding differing views. Deny and demonize seems to be their battle cry.

What's the matter, Van ?
    Don't you even remember what you post anymore ?

man, you really are a classic, Van.
    First you attack the doctrines and beliefs of Calvinists, then from the other side of your mouth you say things like the above, as if you think Calvinists are really one of the good things that ever happened to the Christian world.
    A real classic, you are, old boy.

The only one doing any misrepresenting and maligning here is you, Van, and you do very good at it.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, all Calvinists have to offer is misrepresentation, and demonization as shown by post 62. Google Primitive Baptists an read about the history of the split between "missionary baptists" and "anti-missionary baptist.

Some Calvinists, including PB, think God does not need to send missionaries to China, because they have invented by extra-biblical speculation, a back-up plan. Other Calvinists have called that "mysticism."

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists have denied Matthew 23:13 says men were entering heaven. Nullification
    Calvinists have claimed salvation through faith is salvation by works. Thus nullifying Romans 4:4-5.
    Calvinists have denied 2 Thessalonians 2:13 teaches conditional election, i.e. chosen through faith in the truth. More nullification.
    Calvinists claim Christ died only for the elect. Thus nullifying 1 Peter 2:1 which teaches the Master bought the lost.

The list goes on and on, folks, on and on.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your vain repetition goes on and on.
    You need a paddle applied to your twaddle. Are you addled? ;-)

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another effort by a Calvinist to discuss me, rather than the wholesale nullification of God's word that Calvinism requires.

Does the list of verses nullified by Calvinism go on and on and on? Yes.

Calvinists claim "God so loved the world" does not refer to fallen mankind, but only the elect. Nullification of John 3:16

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did Jesus speak to some in parables? Matthew 13:10.

To know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has not been granted to them. Matthew 13:11

I speak to them in parables because while seeing, they do not see, while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. Matthew 13:13

Otherwise they would see with their eyes, hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and return, and I would heal them. Matthew 13:15

Jesus would have had no reason to speak in parables if total spiritual inability was true, thus Calvinism requires nullifying Matthew 13:10-16

On and on, on and on....

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and I stand with the Primitive Baptists, then, and now.
    Mission-ISM is unscriptural, so is Sunday School, so are mission boards, so are a lot of other man-made additions to worship (as opposed to necessary aids such as buildings, air-conditionings, and modern heaters).
    And unscriptural does not necessarily mean sinful, only that it does not appear in Scripture.

FALSE.

I have stated the position of Primitive Baptists re the correct purpose of missions against mission-ism, and in post 50 of this same thread have stated that PREACHING IS the ordained purpose for the spreading of the gospel to the elect children of God.

The Scripture plainly teaches, when rightly divided, that ETERNAL SALVATION requires nothing from the elect sinner. I have stated this once, and will state it again, and if YOU, or any other, can disprove it, please do.

in terms of eternal salvation the only ingredients were Christ's obedience, the Father's will, and the Triune God's mercy and grace

Faith, obedience, and repentance are a requirement, not to eternal salvation, but to GOSPEL salvation, for those who have been quickened, and the honest Bible student (of which apparently, you are NOT) will not and cannot miss the truth that whenever faith, obedience, repentance, a change of way of life and such are written about, preached, or demanded, they are written to, preached to, and demanded of those who have been quickened, or who have called on the Name of Christ as their own.

So, instead of acting like a bullying moron, why don't you quit your one-line insults of Calvinists, and PB's, and expand more on the Scriptures ?
    Or maybe, you really don't know how to ?

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More misrepresentation and demonization. Good golly miss Molly.

God did need to sent missionaries to China to carry out the command He gave. So the "God does not need to send missionaries" is your view, not mine, and it is false.

Like Calvinists everywhere, they redefine words and phrases to mean whatever they are pushing, here we have a difference between gospel salvation and eternal salvation. The gospel says whoever believes in Him shall not perish and have eternal life. Sounds like one and the same.

We are saved by grace through faith. And that salvation provides eternal life.

We are called through the gospel preached by believers, ambassadors of Christ, begging the lost to be reconciled to God. Any other way proclaimed by men is an invention of men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.