1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weasel Zippers has revived an old video of Barack Obama promising not to take vacations if he were elected president.

The video features then-Sen. Obama discussing his book “The Audacity Of Hope” with New York Times columnist Bob Herbert in 2008.

The future president was talking about how those running for president need to be prepared to “give their life to it.”

“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Obama went on to say that “the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do” and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/f...for-himself-as-president-video/#ixzz3ABjMbMra

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have stayed away from all the criticism of his vacations because it seems that that office deserves frequent periods of rest even if Obama looks to just be taking advantage of the whole thing.

What we see here is that he was and is a flat out liar.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Washington Post editorial:

President Obama must really be teed off.

Hillary Rodham Clinton, his once-loyal secretary of state and his likeliest successor, has gone rogue, criticizing his foreign policy as too timid. Obama responded with not one but two rounds of golf.

Clinton, in an interview with Jeffrey Goldberg published by the Atlantic over the weekend, offered a withering comment on the Obama doctrine, described in shorthand by White House officials as “don’t do stupid s---.” Said Clinton: “Great nations need organizing principles, and ‘Don’t do stupid stuff’ is not an organizing principle.”

As the criticism became public, Obama was doggedly sticking with his plans to go on vacation — a decision that, if not in the category of stupid stuff, could fit under the heading of “tone deafness.”

Obama stood on the South Lawn on Saturday updating Americans on the new bombing campaign in Iraq — and then he boarded Marine One for a two-week trip to Martha’s Vineyard. There, half an hour after arriving at his vacation home, he was already on his way to a golf course. He played again Sunday, then had a beach outing Monday followed by a political fundraiser.

Even presidents need down time, and Obama can handle his commander-in-chief duties wherever he is. But his decision to proceed with his getaway just 36 hours after announcing the military action in Iraq risks fueling the impression that he is detached as the world burns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-11e4-86ca-6f03cbd15c1a_story.html?tid=pm_pop

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama has lied so many times about so many things it's no longer news and it really no longer matters.

He still gets a pass from his lapdog media and adoring democrats.

Democrats do love, protect and forever excuse their crooks and liars.

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Obama broke a promise. What else is new?

I hope that the young people who were duped into voting for him remember this FAILED presidency well. I hope that their "take away" is something like "don't believe the HYPE."

Giving this man two terms in office tells me two things:
    1) People really ARE ignorant.
    2) Republicans can't put up somebody worth voting for.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, and a third thing: the media STINKS! They are complicit with this man who is in over his head.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

WHAT???!!! That is just crazy. Why did it take so long for this to be pointed out? How long has he been in office now? I think Americans would want to - oh never mind. I thought you said he told a truth. Carry on.