1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Flight MH370 mystery gets deeper and weirder

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

You'll note from both the Antarctic CP Current details and The Guardian article, however, that those two forces don't oppose each other in this part of the world, but compliment one another to push surface objects in the same direction.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

You'll note from both the The Antarctic CP Current details and The Guardian article, however, that those two forces don't oppose each other in this part of the world, but compliment one another to push surface objects in the same direction. None of which addresses the fact the plane couldn't fly this far, and particularly as far as it would have to fly for this debris to have originated 500-700 miles west.

#122 thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, and the Aussies are ignoring this how?

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'm not saying they are necessarily "ignoring" anything, but they may know this is a waste of time, given the debris had to come from a direction that couldn't possibly be the location of where MH370 "went down."

Here's an interesting story on CNN's website that quickly died.

Rather than quote from numerous reports of sightings, I'll simply summarize by saying a low-flying aircraft was seen from Kota Bharu, Malaysia over the South China Sea shortly after the plane disappeared from radar. Malaysia has refused to comment about that sighting.

A bit later a plane or something was seen at high altitude over Vietnam, streaming fire that might have been burning jet fuel. It was spotted by a New Zealand oil rig worker in the Gulf of Tonkin. Japan investigated but could find nothing.

Finally, an extremely low-flying jet which was claimed to bear markings very similar in description to a Malaysian Airlines passenger jet was seen sweeping over the Maldives, two thousand miles west of the disappearance point some six to seven hours after the plane "went dark." It was spotted by several islanders who were very confident of their sighting.

None of those stories have even made it "on-air" of the major U.S. news outlets that I've seen, but that doesn't mean anything. I would think these sighting would have gotten someone's attention, however.

#124 thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......aannnndddd, 'here's your sign' CNN:

[​IMG]

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Gee, ya think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(PS: Before someone says something asinine, I'm commenting on the stupidity of the media, and no, I am not forgetting the tragedy that 239 people were on board that plane.)

#126 thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning CNN:

"CNN has been criticized — mocked, even — for spending hour upon hour talking about the plane. The latest came Friday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." ''Let's build a cockpit!" said that show's Mika Brzezinski, before turning to MSNBC's favorite story: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's bridge scandal.

CNN's motivations are obvious. Since its extensive coverage began, CNN viewership is up 84 percent over what it had been before the plane went missing, the Nielsen company said. During that same period, Fox News Channel's audience has increased 2 percent, while MSNBC is down 11 percent.

"The amount of coverage seems to be in relation to the amount of interest and the amount of interest seems to be incredibly high probably because all of us have some theory as to what might have happened," said Savidge, who's now recognized on the street as "that cockpit guy." His own theories have fluctuated. Savidge once believed it was an accident but now thinks Flight 370 was taken down intentionally...."

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

... and then a 'ping' was heard

Really? An acoustic event? Is that what he calls it? Ah well, here we go again. Have to admit, this looks like the best lead they've had, but I hold to the idea that there has been a whole of, at the very least, bumbling and stumbling if not outright subterfuge regarding the search for the aircraft. The Malaysian government wrote a fairy tale from the beginning, and to help that nation save face, no one has every accused them of total incompetency or stupidity. Nonetheless, I will find it interesting to hear the tale they weave to CYA for everyone on this fiasco.

9. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They said on the news last night that the ship passed over the original "event" site and heard nothing.

Edit: Now, this morn they are reporting a single ping on two different days in the same area.

A year from now we might get a little closer to reality.

#129 exscentric, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
  10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Malaysia continues to lie like a cheap rug.
    This from the story that the search crews are closing in on the location about a thousand miles off northwestern Australia, in the midst of the Indian Ocean, a section through which the West Australian Current runs, which is an offshoot of the Australian Circumpolar Current. It brings some of the coldest water in the world into the main shipping lanes of the Indian Ocean. First, that a ship wouldn't have spotted survivors or wreckage over the last month is ludicrous. Second, any wreckage in that area is going to have been swept north and then westward long ago, toward India. It would have been buffeted around by competing currents that run east from India and that flow north of Australia. Survivors -- would have to be superhuman in physiology to live in that environment -- would suffer the same fate.

Survivors? Really? :rolleyes:

#130 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Well, so much for that ...
    If they ever actually picked up signals in the first place, that is. This whole thing just keeps smelling worse and worse. Even incompetence only goes so far. As I've thought from the start, something's not being said. What, I don't know, but we've been scammed from the first minute this plane went off the beam.

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

Uh-oh ...

Here we go again.

So what story do you predict will be told when they can't find anything? Or, for that matter, if they do?

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Two sets of further pings have been detected in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, prompting authorities to declare that the aircraft will be found “in the not too distant future”..."

What's the matter with you d-CON? Are you just one big negative killjoy? :)

(or is it that you're disappointed that the Iranians or Pakistanis don't have it with the intent to bomb Israel with it? (typical dispie doom & gloom fear mongering and putting Israel in the limelight))

#133 kyredneck, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  14. thisnumbersdisconnected

And today?

Nothing.
    I think a lot of 'splain' needs to be done by Malaysia, and the nations that didn't come out from the beginning and say to them, "your storyline is bogus." I find it "uniquely and fortunately coincidental" that they find the black boxes at the very end of their beacons' life span. I don't know what to believe.
    One, got nuthin' to do with my being dispensational, and even if it did, "gloom and fear mongering" is so far from the joy and happiness I find every day in Christ as to be unacquainted with me. You seem to have no grasp whatsoever of what Dispensationalism really is. Ask me sometime, OK? :thumbsup:

By the way, I don't put Israel "in the limelight." Let's see you find a thread I've ever started about Israel. All I do is support the biblically correct view that God is not done with Israel.

Back to the airliner: There is just way too much in this whole cockamamie series of events that doesn't add up. Now we're asked to believe that a story that changed seven or eight times is now "on track"? Who knows how the black boxes got there? Could the plane have been landed, for example, in the Maldives -- a low flying aircraft with markings similar to Malaysian Airlines was seen by islanders there about six hours after it disappeared from radar, flying extremely low and to my knowledge, no one every publicly followed up on that. Were precious cargo and the passengers removed and disposed of, and the aircraft then flown to the search site to be "dumped"? Could the black boxes have been removed, flown or taken by boat to this site and dumped? Could other black boxes have been dumped there a month ago from a boat or plane?

And if any of those are possible (though unlikely) why was all this done? And finally, how is it that all the U.S., French, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Indian satellites that record images, radar echoes, heat signatures and Lord-knows-what-else couldn't be backtracked to find the exact path of the aircraft from the time it disappeared? That is the real question. You guys have no idea how much hardware is up there in space and how detailed they can get in elint gathering, their flight paths retraced and their data correlated up to six months after the fact. I'll guarantee you, that's been done. Is the current scenario the end result? Or is another end result out there, being kept secret? There's been way too much time pass for something not to be going on.

This search effort has, from the beginning, been a dog and pony show, but for what purpose I couldn't begin to guess.

#134 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  15. thisnumbersdisconnected

I hate to say "I told you so ... "
    ... but, "I told you so."

#135 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Australia Confident Sounds Are from Missing Jet

"Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott told reporters in Shanghai Friday that search crews looking for the plane have narrowed down that patch of Indian Ocean where they are searching for the sounds.

"We are confident that we know the position of the black box flight recorder to within some kilometers....."

Aussie PM is even in China stating their confidence.....

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

Please note, the Fox News story states clearly that Abbott's statement was made virtually simultaneously with the statement by Australian Air Marshall Houston, who is quoted as stating the "ping" has nothing to do with Flight 370. Houston is in charge of the search effort.

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

Well, well, well ... <ahem>
    As I post this, it is just hitting the morning shows on network and cable television in the U.S.

Not gonna say it ... no way I'm gonna say it ...

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, go ahead d-CON, say it, you're apt to bust if you don't... :)

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....actually the thought that all those people could possibly still be alive is exciting; but those poor family members, imagine what they're going through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.