1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida school board makes history, opts out of Common Core

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — The Lee County school district voted Wednesday night to opt out of all statewide, standardized testing.

The 3-2 vote left more questions than answers as the southwest Florida school district becomes the first in Florida to say no to Common Core testing. The meeting adjourned without any discussion regarding whether any testing will replace the state tests.

"Sometimes it takes an act of civil disobedience to move forward," said school board member Don Armstrong. "We cannot allow the fear to hold us back."

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ounty-school-board-opts-common-core/14756971/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Arkansas opted out of common core. They adopted the Arkansas state standard. If you look at the two standards side by side, they are identical. Yet everyone is cheering at the "victory".

Personally, I think that everyone who opts out of common core is making a huge mistake. We need to catch up to other first world countries in math and science. And common core would greatly help in that area. I strongly maintain that anyone who is against common core has been fooled into believing that it is something that it is not.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't mind standards but they do not need to be federal standards and Common Core is nothing but a liberal indoctrination standard. The math is the ultimate example of a liberal mind. The dumbest thing ever.