1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida Surgeon General Bashes Virus Hysteria: ‘Done with Fear,’ Vaccines ‘Treated Almost Like a Rel

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Joseph Ladapo, the new Surgeon General and Secretary of the Department of Health for the state of Florida, denounced coronavirus hysteria on Tuesday, alleging it uses fear to rob people of their personal autonomy.

When announcing Ladopo, DeSantis hailed the new Surgeon General for his “superb intellect” and stellar background in public health.

Florida Surgeon General Bashes Virus Hysteria: 'Done with Fear'

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The entire vaccine agenda has become foolish. Fearful people rushed to get an experimental jab. That did not calm their fears enough so they are now on a crusade to ruin the immune system of all the courageous people in an attempt to further appease their fears.
    One of my friends told me today that he got his daughter vaccinated for her 12th birthday.
    I told him "You seriously got your daughter vaccinated against a virus that she has a 99.992% chance of surviving?".
    He asked me "You not scared your kids will get Delta?". I said they both had it. Ran a low level fever for a day.
    I doubt we are still friends.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It took me less than 60 seconds to find this about Dr. Ladapo from CBS:

He also appeared with and praised America's Frontline Doctors, a group of pro-Trump health care workers that has spread misinformation about the pandemic.

All righty then, let's talk about this august organization "America's Frontline Doctors". It's founder, Dr. Simone Gold, was arrested for, yes, participating in the January 6 insurrection. More about the good doctor Gold:

Gold has been criticized for her views surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccines. Jeffrey Koplan, an epidemiologist, vice president for Global Health at Emory University, and former head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said, "She and her organization show a willful ignorance of science and the scientific method, as well as a disrespect for accomplished scientific institutions and brilliant scientists."[4] Director of Columbia University's Pandemic Resource and Response Initiative Irwin Redlener called Gold a "toxic purveyor of misinformation, now actively contributing to rightwing extremist rhetoric that continues to rile up people determined to hang on to the most egregious Donald Trump lies."