1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 8, 2018.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RE: Jeb

Bush plus Trump DON'T MIX!

2. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I remember bomb shelters and nuclear war drills in school. Are you saying this was propaganda and not a real threat? I don't remember the TV show but hey, I go back to the Jimmy Durante show, Jack Benny, and Jackie Gleason.

3. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember sitting in a barber's chair watching JFK announce the Cuban Missile Crisis on a black and white TV. My understanding since then is we came very close to a nuclear exchange when a Russian sub mistakenly thought the battle had begun and was not able to communicate with their leadership. The Russians required that an order be given by the captain and then supported by 3 of his officers. Two agreed but one did not. The balance of terror has been a very difficult thing to live with and maintain but it has worked for almost 70 years. But when Trump drops warnings about using our nuclear arsenal and tears down treaties with Russia it brings us closer to a nuclear Armageddon. There is no winner in a nuclear war.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya, them were the days... Big Jon and Sparky - No Schoool Today!!, Fibber McGee and Molly, The Shadow Knows!:)

Oh the bomb threats were real but blown way out of proportion, the fear of which was used to manipulate the masses.
    My point - the cold war is being rekindled by both the DNC and RNC (IMO) - like that ironic play on words? :D

Nothing has changed. It's like that kid in school that always bullied you and you knew that you would eventually have to fight him.
    Putin wants to put the USSR egg back together again no matter the cost.

Remember Dr Strangelove Or How I learned to Love The Bomb? Peter Sellers? Very timely movie in its day (same-o)..

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure there is a winner. In sad shape but a winner nonetheless.

Yes I was in the USAF at the time - let me put it this way - We worked 24/7 (virtually) processing the intel trying to sort out lies versus truth for several days.
    Thankfully JFK took the lead and contacted the Kremlin. To this day urban legends abound.
    JFK created the hotline to the Kremlin, he saved us from WWIII but like the song at the end of Dr. Strangelove. we will revisit the crisis...

"We'll meet again some bright and sunny day" get it "sunny day" - thermo nuclear fusion - the power of the sun.
    It still sends a chill up my back. 60 megaton hydrogen bomb. 30 mile blast radius.

#25 HankD, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've got me on Fibber McGee and Molly. I grew up just about when TV was starting to come on (early 50's). We didn't get one for a while. Yes, I remember Dr. Strangelove. Remember "The Day After" and "On the Beach.?" Party aside, I think that we as a nation have many times been the aggressor led by the CIA.

7. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think if JFK had lived we would have pulled out of Vietnam and maybe the future would have been different. I have a longtime friend (former girlfriend) whose husband is a former foreign diplomat. He has written several books about the Kennedy assassination. His bottom line is that LBJ and
    J Edgar Hoover were behind it.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with your last sentence.
    Although JEH personal involvement probably meant looking the other way (virtually).

9. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What many people don't know is there was a second Congressional committee set up to investigate the Kennedy assassinatioonm as well as the assassinations of Martin L. King and Robert Kennedy. That commission concluded that it is very likely there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing we can absolutely count on in a Florida recount in Broward County...Democrats will cheat.

Florida recount efforts underway in multiple races: What to know about the process

Brenda Snipes, Broward County’s supervisor of elections, has long been the target of complaints from Republicans over her office’s handling of ballots. The Republican Party has accused her of “incompetence and gross mismanagement,” and Scott filed a lawsuit against her, seeking a court order for law enforcement agents to impound all voting machines, tallying devices and ballots "when not in use until such time as any recounts." The suit accused Snipes of repeatedly failing to account for the number of ballots left to be counted and failing to report results regularly as required by law.

Broward officials faced further scrutiny after acknowledging the county mistakenly counted 22 absentee ballots that had been rejected. The ballots were mixed in with some 205 legal ones, and Snipes said it would be unfair to throw out all the votes.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and of all American historical accounts, the JFK is probably most prolific in theories.

Once again (ante) in the beginning Lee Harvey Oswald in collusion with the Russians were to blame for his untimely death.

12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "On the beach", now that was a mind bender! I was in college at the time & went to see it. Got to the theater a few minutes before the end of the then screen time, so my buddies & I just stood outside till the end. We were all totally shocked as the patrons left - the most humorless blank expressions I've ever seen on a crowd leaving ANY movie. 'Course, by the end I fully understood the emotion - or lack there-of!!

Assassination - I also have always believed (??) that LBJ had something to do with this. I guess mainly because I had just finished a book about LBJ and his crooked Texas politics, and this just seemed to be a "natural" for him to climb the next rung of the ladder!!

I get more thankful daily that GOD is still in charge & He either wills it, OR allows it. Either way he is still in charge of the keyboard!! MARANATHA

13. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I'm saying there was another official House Commission investigation after the Warren Commission. Its report was released in Dec of 1978. In short, it concluded :
    Findings
    B. Scientific Acoustical Evidence Establishes a High Probability That Two Gunmen Fired at President John F. Kennedy; Other Scientific Evidence does not Preclude the Possibility of Two Gunmen Firing at the President; Scientific Evidence Negates Some Specific Conspiracy Allegations

Findings

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK

15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think we were told the truth about 9/11? You know I'm a member of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth. We were told things about what happened that day that are physically impossible.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I've read some of these engineering reports. If you mean conspiratorial, I don't think we know all the thermodynamics of 911 and I don't mean a President Bush supposed conspiracy to take the buildings down.

Almost every human disaster apart from "Acts of God" (and even some of them) known to man has a conspiracy theory or two or three behind each of them. Apart from HARD evidence I consider them fake news.

I've heard them all my life and simply refuse to believe any of them - Pearl Harbor bombing, Wall Street crash, JFK assassination, Building 51, phony Moon Landing, 9-11, etc, etc, ad naseum...

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW about 1 minute into the youtube you will see what looks like the sunrise - actually it is a thermonuclear detonation from about 100 miles away.

Even at midnight you would think it was sunrise. It must be detonated well above ground zero.

Revelation 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

#37 HankD, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018