1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fmae

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

As a white male, I think it's fine. I might even apply for it.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I find that extremely awesome. It's been far too long in coming. WHOO-HOO!

I can't tell you how many white males suffered because of a lack of scholarships. So many are available, but so many require you to be a minority, first generation, a female returning to the workforce after kids, etc.. It bugged me so much that I paid the difference for a white male to stay in college when funding went down and tuition went up and he ended up having to pay more and couldn't work more hours and keep his grades up. He was ready to drop out and we could find NOTHING that applied to him. Single white male, no help.

I know a lot of people probably think that I'm the last person who would say that...I'd been vocal about having had more than my fill of prejudiced white people since moving here, but I know that's not everyone and I don't hold it against others that a few are stupid.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Organizations can give scholarship monies to whomever they choose. They can set criteria for the specific recipients of their choice. I've been involved in organizations who have very specific criteria.

If an organization wishes to give scholarship monies to Alaskan females between the ages of 28-31 with freckles who play the flute, then that is their business, not mine.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So has anyone applied for this scholarship?