1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Food/Beverage Blogs

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by gekko, Oct 12, 2011.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

Hi everyone =)

Hope you're all doing well =)

Just wondering if anyone here regularly follows a food and/or beverage blog?
    I follow a few here and there.

A couple that I love:
    Bkfst.tumblr.com
    Beverageculture.tumblr.com

Lots of lovely pictures =) makes me hungry and thirsty.

I just recently started culinary school and have started a blog on it all and extra. If you want to check it out:

culinarydisposition.tumblr.com

So what do you follow?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Pioneer Woman (www.thepioneerwoman.com) is one. You can't beat her photos either!

I tend to follow "home" food blogs - women who have blogs of more homey food that doesn't cost a lot.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It's a new one to me, but just started looking at some of this woman's stuff on FB and the linked Frozen Assets she has on there. I don't even remember how I ran across it in the first place.

https://www.facebook.com/thesimplemom

I'm in the middle of making cookbooks for my kids to take with them when they move out so don't really get into this stuff as I make/create most of my own things without following recipes, can't do that to save my life...if I try, I always end up adjusting it anyhow. LOL My darling husband jokes about it sometimes...I'll spend an hour looking up a recipe, write it all out (man, we need a printer!) and then get in the kitchen and say "this is stupid, it'd be better if I...." I buy cookbooks for the recipes the same way people buy nasty mags for the articles. ROFL (I love the pictures!)

But recipes are still a great way to get a base idea for something you want to create or when making something you've never tried.

However, if you find yourself following recipes carefully more than twice, you need to face your fears, fwend! Add some twists and own it! :smilewinkgrin: Unless it's a family recipe. Those are cool.