1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Botfield, May 24, 2007.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I don't think so. I think the Championship is less predictable than the Premiership. What may give a ring of familiarity to it is that Premiership teams which are relegated in one season often rise to the top of the Championship the next. Also, it is often the case that teams go up one season and down the next, but then remain in the running for the play offs in the titd season. But I think promotions in recent years have shown a fair representation of Championship teams.

2. Botfield

Botfield New Member

No. It is often the case that teams that get relegated from the Premiership struggle at first, and then may only make the play-offs.

My team, Wolverhampton, have a new owner and a £30 million (US$60 million) player fund, so that puts us on a par with teams coming down (relegated teams get a 'parachute' payment for 3 seasons of around £10-20 million).

Likewise, look at Derby. Last season they finished 20th, but this season with a new manager, new owner and a new team they have been promoted.

Ulsterman: I think Derby will struggle, but with Billy Davis anything could happen.