1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For all dispensational brethren to consider

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Sep 28, 2011.

1. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that "Israel" will "rule and reign" forever in "the new heaven and earth" and that this is geographically distinct from we refer to as "heaven" where "The Body of Christ" will go forever?

This idea of separate eternal destinies is actually part of classical and hyper dispensationalism.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Because of your wording, elements of the gospel, I answered as I did. God knew, and showed the elements of the gospel, but are not we told that only certain things were told to Israel, and their children, and some things are hidden from them? Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law". I do not lay claim of me being, or becoming an Israelite for they are of the Law, and Ordinances.

But Jesus, the Word of God told His Apostles some things not known to them before in reference to the Parables He gave in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. I'll not get into a discourse here, and only say we are informed from heaven that there was another gospel, yet not another gospel that was hidden from man.
    I understand this passage, and am sure Peter later came to understand; for Peter tells one should do their best to understand what Paul says. This is in prophecy, so we must believe this, 'in you all nations will be blessed". But is this particular passage speaking to the individual that is in the Body of Christ? Of course it is by faith alone that Abram came into Righteousness; however today we can come through the faith of Jesus Christ, so it is by faith alone, as with Abram.

Abram was by faith alone, but did have to shed blood before becoming progenitor of Jesus. So our progenitor, Jesus Christ did the work for us, as it is His Blood we come Through, By the Grace of God, and Through Faith we come without any of OUR WORDKS. The only way we can reach this point is because BY Faith alone, without our WORKS, can we enter into the Body of Christ.
    There is no denying this fact that the I AM is before Abraham was, keeping the verse in context. But I believe you may be reading in what is not said. Even though Abraham did make blood sacrifice, so did Abel, and Noah. Since you know now the sacrifices were a type, it is the equivalent of saying the scripture back then says it. It can't be found. Assuming is not fact.

Abraham knew Mighty God was his deliverer, after he (Abraham) would die, and God was his reward for he is a friend of God.
    I take it as you may mean Mary came by way of the seed of Adam?
    This I know.
    Isn't this what I said? He is called Jesus, and they rejected Him. Could it be that they thought His name would be Shiloh?

#82 ituttut, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
  3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

You are right, but why do you stop with the gospel of the Kingdom is at Hand? You may, or may not also contend the gospel is also progressive. If you don't go on beyond Pentecost you will not see what happened on Damascus Road. If you don't, then you will miss 13 Epistles, and go immediately to to Hebrews, on to James which is truly continuity, and does progress on to, and through Revelation.

There is an old song named, "DETURE - there's a muddy road ahead". We notice this happening at the time of Noah, and he was carried above the flood, and came down after the danger had passed. Isn't this happening right now to us? If we skip those 13 Epistles, then we are going to be here when the tribulation comes. So I say we should stay with God's plan, and recognize with understanding, what that sign is saying to us.

In our Soteriology, I believe we should delve into Israelology more closely than when we first believed. God goes into great detail telling us about His chosen people of Israel, those He asked to make Covenant with Him. He tells them they are tied to the Law, and must live under it. This was necessary for them to keep for Messiah must live under the Law, and the Ordinances that are bound up in the Law. So your assessment of dispensationalists recognizing the necessity of continuity does not ring true, for without
    Continuous movement, the purpose of God would not have materialized.

If we will, we can allow ourselves to understand what He wants us to know. In Deuteronomy 29 he informs those He made Covenant with, that they will only be allowed to know certain things He wishes them to know, and that is all they are to know; because they are not to know those things which He will keep secret. God spoke directly to Noah, and Noah believed Him, and did what He said. Christ Jesus spoke directly to Saul/Paul, and revealed to Paul over time the Gospel of the Body of Christ, our ARK that will get us to heaven before the great tribulation. How many listened to Noah? I sure hope there are more that will listen to Paul.