1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

for all you cat lovers out there...

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by thomas not doubting, Sep 3, 2009.

1. thomas not doubting

thomas not doubting New Member

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is just crazy. I trust that this is a gag & not a real product. I could see a remote controlled collar similar to the invisible fence for dogs, except if your cat does something it shouldn't, then you give it a slight zap. I have a feeling that if there were such a product there would be too many cases of animal abuse where cats are getting zapped by people who hate them.

Someone I know actually put an invisible fence collar around his neck & tried walking beyond his yard & felt what its like to get zapped.

3. thomas not doubting

thomas not doubting New Member

Yes, it's just a gag/humor gift. As you can read on the page, it is 'powered by wishful thinking' and 'needs no batteries'. Although I am not a cat lover in the least, I would never post something that was so called "humor" that would actually hurt a pet.

When I was a young teen, I had a friend who lived in a rural area and they had an electric fence around a lot that had a few cattle. He dared me to touch it, so I eventually did. Zap! Obviously it didn't kill me but I wouldn't do it again either.

I used to do electronic work back in the 1970's when I was a teen. My best friend had an old console color TV (it was one of the ones with a round picture tube, probably from about 1964 or so.) I'd worked on a lot of black and white sets but this was my first color set. There was a vaccum tube that was in any tube-type color TV called a "high voltage regulator". What I did not know at the time was that the cap of this tube was connected directly to the anode (plus connection) on the picture tube where 25,000 volts was used to "light" an image on the screen. This voltage was present for a time (hours or days) even after the set was turned off (the voltage would eventually dissapate). I went to take the top cap connection off that vaccum tube and yes, I got a little taste of that 25,000 volts!

The current was extremely low (in the millionths of amperes) so it wasn't deadly and I wasn't hurt in any way, but I have read of people who got shocked like that and had an involuntary mascle contraction that jerked their arm into, for example, a pipe and cracked their elbow.

#3 thomas not doubting, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

"hope for the best"

That's what I'm doing now, so I really don't need this. :tongue3:

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Anybody who thinks they own a cat can see the humor.:applause: