1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For amillenial brothers....thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

When I first looked at these texts...I was premill as you are...if anything My bias was dispy premill.I would make excuses like you and Y1 are doing now...saying it was partial, and literal in the future

My view as well as many others takes it quite literally.....we just attempt to let the bible help us understand the figurative language....in a literal way whereas you ignore what the bible says about these figures of speech....

what do I mean by that? You ignored the point being made about the sun moon and stars with Joseph and his brothers. you ignored the question I asked...do not worry...here it is again- note your "answer" avoided it completely...

the posts were getting long you said so I will break it up.....:thumbsup:

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

There is no division in the text at all...it is clearly one complete sermon.
    No where in the text does Peter begin to suggest such an artificial division as you are inserting into the text. hanging onto your dispensationalism
    I suppose you have to divide up every part of scripture:confused:

As you spin this tale....Peter answers them about this one instance of tongues, but then goes on to "instruct them" that the rest will happen thousands of years later:(....when the text does not do that at all. What an artificial made up explanation that is!...No wonder you will not search out the true meaning scripturally.

verse 16 clearly says.....this IS THAT.....I believe this scripture.

You are in fact....offering an argument from SILENCE....which is no argument at all....that is why I repeat as you say, like a broken record...I am believing the text...you are denying and twisting it.

I know exactly what he meant...but I was trying to give you a chance to see it, I then described what he meant...but you are unable to grasp it.

The return of Christ will be both a great and notable day...but there are many day of the Lords in scripture...you avoid this.:thumbs:

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

Do tell???? okay..i will:laugh:
    DHK...you can find many articles online...that give many such references...I just googled this from bible .org.....I do not know the site or the author...but look at all the references

here are two:
    from Got questions-
    and this one from Bible.org
    look how many are from the OT....
    The Nature of the Day of the Lord

The Day of the Lord is clearly characterized by a pouring out of divine wrath on God’s enemies (Joel 2:1-2; Amos 5:18-20; Zech 1:14-15). Imagery of natural disaster, devastating military conquest, and supernatural calamity is connected to Day of the Lord references.2

On the other hand, the day is also characterized by a pouring out of divine blessing upon God’s people (Isa 4:2-6; 30:26; Hos 2:18-23; Joel 3:9-21; Amos 9:11-15; Mic 4:6-8; Zeph 2:7; Zech 14:6-9). Thus, while divine judgment is certainly a prominent theme in the Day of the Lord, it is only part of the picture.3

The dual nature of the Day of the Lord is further illumined by its purposes. The writing prophets describe the Day of the Lord as coming so that people might turn from idols (Isa 2:18, 20) and turn to Yahweh (Joel 2:12-14).4 Those recognizing the severity of the day will cry for God’s mercy (Joel 2:17), call on the name of the Lord to be saved (Joel 2:32), and seek refuge in the Rock (Isa 2:21). All of the above purposes highlight the blessing of this day for those who have responded appropriately. Ultimately, all the nations will recognize Yahweh in that day (Joel 3:17), but then it will be too late for those destined to destruction and death (Zeph 2:12-14). The example of the nations provides a clear picture of the dark side to this same day that is a blessing for others.

In sum, an accurate presentation of the Day of the Lord requires us to recognize that the day has two sides to its nature. Sometimes one side is prominent, sometimes the other. This should not come as a surprise to those who know the nature of the God who is behind the nature of the day. If the Day of the Lord is ultimately a demonstration of God’s sovereign rule, we would expect to see both wrath and blessing simultaneously.

The Scope of the Day of the Lord

In light of the fact that the Day of the Lord has a duality to its nature and purpose, it is natural to assume that its scope will encompass the diversity of peoples affected by both the side that brings blessing and the side that brings judgment. Indeed, the Day of the Lord was connected to the judgment pronounced upon Babylon (Isa 13:1, 6, 9, 13), Edom (Isa 34:8), Egypt (Jer 46:10; Ezek 30:3), and the Philistines (Jer 47:4). Obadiah expands the individual references to peoples and announces that the Day of the Lord will bring corporate judgment to all of the nations (15). Isaiah broadens the scope of judgment even further, describing calamity that will fall upon the entire earth on the consummate Day of the Lord (13:10-13). This increasing scope suggests that judgment is not only directed toward particular peoples or even the collective nations, but toward evil in general. Thus, the Day of the Lord is properly spoken of as bringing judgment to evil wherever it may be found in fallen creation.

Since the Day of the Lord involves both judgment and blessing, we would expect to see a development of the scope of blessing in a manner similar to the scope of judgment. Indeed, references to blessing expand from David’s kingdom (Amos 9:11-15), Zion (Isa 4:2-6), and all of Judah (Zeph 2:7), to the entire earth (Zech 14:6) and its creation (Isa 11:1-10; Hos 2:18). The Day of the Lord not only has a diverse nature, but that nature accordingly affects diverse categories of God’s creation.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

[/QUOTE]

Your post was blasphemous saying those things about Jesus...I would never make such a foul statement..my link showed this

These are the six predicted items:

1. To finish the transgression. The "transgression" of Israel had long been the burden of the messages of God's prophets. It was for their "transgression" that they had been sent into captivity, and that their land and city had been made a "desolation" for seventy years.

We would call particular attention at this point to the words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the leaders of the people shortly before His betrayal;
    Our Lord's concluding words at that time have great significance when considered in the light of this prophecy.. He said, "Verily I say unto you, all these things shall come upon this generation"; and then, as the awful doom of the beloved city pressed upon His heart, He burst into the lamentation, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem," ending with the significant words, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate."

The terrible and unparalleled character of the judgments which were poured out upon Jerusalem at the time of its destruction in A. D. 70 has been lost sight of in our day. But if we would learn how great an event it was in the eyes of God, we have only to consider our Lord's anguish of soul as He thought upon it. Even when on the way to the Cross it was more to Him than His own approaching sufferings (Luk. 21:28-30).

The apostle Paul also speaks in similar terms of the transgressions of that generation of Jews, who not only crucified the Lord Jesus, and then rejected the gospel preached to them in His Name, but also forbade that He be preached to the Gentiles. Wherefore the apostle said that they "fill up their sins always; for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost" (1 Thess. 2:15, 16
    It is not difficult to discern why the list of the six great things comprised in this prophecy was headed by the finishing of the transgression; for the same act, which constituted the crowning sin of Israel, also served for the putting away of sin (Heb. 9:26), and the accomplishing of eternal redemption (Heb. 9:12). They did indeed take Him, and with wicked hands crucified and slew Him; but it was done "by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God" (Acts 2:23). The powers and authorities of Judea and of Rome, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were indeed gathered together against Him; but it was to do what God's own hand and counsel had determined before to be done (Acts 4 :26-28). There is nothing more wonderful in all that has been made known to us, than that the people and their rulers, because they knew Him not, nor the voices of their own prophets which were read every Sabbath day, should have fulfilled them in condemning Him (Acts 13:27). Therefore, among the many prophecies that were then "fulfilled," a promise be given to that which forms the subject of our present study.

2. To make an end of sins. It was thus that He "offered the one Sacrifice for sins forever" (Heb. 10:12).

We understand that the sense in which the death of Christ made "an end of sins" was that thereby He made a perfect atonement for sins, as written in Hebrews 1:3, "when He had by Himself purged our sins'" and in many like passages.

3. To make reconciliation for iniquity The word here translated "reconciliation" is usually rendered "atone- but according to Strong's Concordance it expresses also the thought of appeasing or reconciling.
    Reconciliation has to do directly with the kingdom of God, in that it signifies the bringing back of those who were rebels and enemies into willing and loyal submission to God. In this connection attention should be given to the great passage in Colossians 1:12-22, which shows that, as the result of the death of Christ, those who have "redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins" (v. 14), are also translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son (v. 13), Christ "having made peace for them through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself "; and the apostle adds, "And you, who were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind, yet now hath He reconciled in the body of His flesh, through death" (vv. 20-22).

4. To bring in everlasting righteousness Righteousness is the most prominent feature of the kingdom of God. To show this we need only cite those familiar passages: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and 11 is righteousness" (Matt. 6:33); "the kingdom of God is righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost" (Rom. 14:17). One characteristic of God's righteousness, which He was "to bring in" through the sacrifice of Christ ((Rom.. 3:21-26), is that it endures forever; and this is what is emphasized in the prophecy.

5. To seal up vision and prophecy. This we take to mean the sealing up of God's word of prophecy to the Israelites, as part of the punishment they brought upon themselves. The word "seal up" sometimes means, in a secondary sense, to make secure, since what is tightly sealed up is made safe against being tampered with. Hence some have understood by this item merely that vision and prophecy were to be fulfilled. But we are not aware that the word "sealed up" is used in that sense in the Scriptures. For when the fulfillment of prophecy is meant, the word "to fulfill" is used. We think the word should be taken here in its primary meaning; for it was distinctly foretold, as a prominent feature of Israel's punishment that both vision and prophet - i.. e., both eye and ear - were to be closed up, so that seeing they would see not, and hearing they would hear not (Isa. 6:10).

6. To anoint the most holy place. When these papers were first written and published in serial form, we were of opinion that this prediction had its fulfillment in the entrance of the Lord Jesus Christ into the heavenly sanctuary (Heb. 9 :23, 24). But subsequently a copy of Dr. Pusey's work on Daniel the Prophet came into our hands, and we were much impressed by the exposition of this passage given by that great Hebrew scholar, who so ably defended the Book of Daniel from the assaults of the destructive critics. He pointed out that the word anoint had acquired a settled spiritual meaning, citing the words of Isaiah 61:1, 2, which our Lord applied to Himself as He Whom God had "anointed." Dr. Pusey also pointed out that, inasmuch as the same word is used in the very next verse of Daniel "unto the Anointed, the Prince" it is to be assumed that words so closely united must be used with the same meaning. This gives the idea of an "anointing of an All Holy place" by the pouring out of the Holy Spirit thereon. Dr. Pusey cites much evidence in support of this idea; but without going into the discussion of the matter at length, we will simply state that we were led thereby to the conclusion that the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples of Christ, on the day of Pentecost, thereby anointing (see 2 Cor. 1:21) a spiritual temple "the temple of the living God" (2 Cor. 6:16), furnishes a fulfillment of this detail of the prophecy, a fulfillment which is not only in keeping with the other five items, but which brings the whole series to a worthy climax.

These six predicted events, which we have now considered in detail, were, according to the words of God by Gabriel, to be accomplished within the "determined" (or limited, or "marked off") period of seventy sevens of years; and we have shown - indeed it is SO clear as hardly to be open to dispute - that all six items were completely fulfilled at the first coming of Christ, and in the "week" of His crucifixion. For when our Lord ascended into heaven and the Holy Spirit descended, there remained not one of the six items of Daniel 9:24 that was not dully accomplished.

Furthermore, by running our eye rapidly over verses 25, 26 we see that the coming of Christ and His being "cut off" are announced as the means whereby the prophecy was to be fulfilled; and that there is added the foretelling of the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus the Roman "prince," and the "desolations" of Jerusalem, and the wars that were to continue through this entire age "unto the end."

#64 Iconoclast, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

[FONT=&quot]Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.[/FONT]

For your interpretation to work you must have the time period correct. The link did not. In fact it contradicted itself. It correctly interpreted the time as "years" meaning a total of 490 years.
    Without much proof and mostly speculation it makes this statement:

One assumes then that after 3.5 years when His ministry is finished, the death of Jesus is in the midst of the 70th week (which is a blaspehmous interpretation).
    And so he says:

Note the cop-out here:

"The time of the predicted judgments is not specified" That is futurism; a characteristic of dispensationalism.

Christ died in 29 A.D. You say it was in the midst of the last week, which is a period of seven years. Chronologically then, the destruction would come at the end of the week, 3.5 years later. or in 33 A.D. But that didn't happen. In fact at that time the church was very strong. Paul had been saved and was starting his missionary journeys.

Over 40 years after the death of Christ would Titus come and destroy Jerusalem, NOT 3.5 years, invalidating your entire interpretation of this chapter. Your interpretation is just as futurist as the dispensationalist in this regard!

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent Icon! AMEN! A few examples:

1 The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me; because Jehovah hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    2 to proclaim the year of Jehovah`s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; Isa 61

4 For the day of vengeance was in my heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. Isa 63

16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not; O Zion, let not thy hands be slack.
    17 Jehovah thy God is in the midst of thee, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love; he will joy over thee with singing.
    18 I will gather them that sorrow for the solemn assembly, who were of thee; to whom the burden upon her was a reproach.
    19 Behold, at that time I will deal with all them that afflict thee; and I will save that which is lame, and gather that which was driven away; and I will make them a praise and a name, whose shame hath been in all the earth. Zeph 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
    8 Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance:
    9 and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
    10 And even now the axe lieth at the root of the trees: every tree therefore that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    11 I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire:
    12 whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his threshing-floor; and he will gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn up with unquenchable fire. Mt 3

22 Behold then the goodness and severity of God: toward them that fell, severity; but toward thee, God`s goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. Ro 11

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They call it "rightly dividing"!:smilewinkgrin:

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

None of these scriptures posted have anything to do with the original expression under discussion:

[FONT=&quot]Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:[/FONT]

That is "the day of the Lord" that is up for discussion.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong. It is exactly the same 'day of the Lord'.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is? All those Scriptures? Not a chance!
    For example: "the goodness and severity of God" has nothing to do with the "Day of the Lord," and yet you quoted it as your last proof text.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yes it does; "he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire...he will gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn up with unquenchable fire", is precisely the goodness and severity of God.

#71 kyredneck, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

If it were not for the goodness and severity of God I would not be here today. It is the goodness of God that leads one to repentance. If it were not for the goodness of God you (and all others here) would be in hell and justly so. It is only because of the goodness of God that any one individual on earth is saved. This verse has nothing to do with "that great and notable day of the Lord."

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another good post Kyred . I enjoy most of your posts because the scripture you offer is on target most of the time. In discussing these issues your mind and heart have travelled to the latter half of Isaiah and then back to the gospels as the Apostles did also in understanding and explaining the events unfolding in the first century.
    No postponement theories, no double fulfillment double talk.....the OT looked forward to the promises and the Nt says here they are .

The Ot comes alive as the pieces mesh together when rightly understanding the symbols and figures:thumbs::wavey::thumbsup:

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is the ironic thing. The very thing they pride themselves on is where they fall into grave error and fantasy:laugh::laugh:

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is precisely the same occurrence. Concerning John the Baptist:

1 For, behold, the day cometh, it burneth as a furnace; and all the proud, and all that work wickedness, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith Jehovah of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
    2 But unto you that fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings; and ye shall go forth, and gambol as calves of the stall.
    3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make, saith Jehovah of hosts.
    4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, even statutes and ordinances.
    5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of Jehovah come.
    6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers; lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. Mal 4

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
    8 Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance:
    9 and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
    10 And even now the axe lieth at the root of the trees: every tree therefore that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    11 I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire:
    12 whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his threshing-floor; and he will gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn up with unquenchable fire. Mt 3

'The branches broken off' of Ro 11 is exactly synonymous with the 'trees hewn down' and the 'chaff burnt up' of Mt 3.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps I will check some of your other references later. The one that immediately caught my eye was the last one you posted in your original post. I am sure you are confused. Please check again.

The verse is Romans 2:4 not Ro 11. Perhaps you have 2 and 11 mixed up.

Again,
    Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
    --This verse has nothing to do with "that great and notable day of the Lord," does it. Pay attention to what you are posting.

You are posting from Matthew 3 and Romans 11.
    What does that have to do with the above verse in Rom.2:4? Nothing!

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Grave error and fantasy is correct! But actually Icon, and I think you know this better than most, it is very sad!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Excuse me if I sound blunt, but it seems as if Icon doesn't know it very well at all. One post after another are simply long "copy and pastes" from Philip Mauro's extensive work here:
    http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1921_mauro_seventy-weeks.html

I would much rather debate Icon than have to go back and forth into Mauro's work and debate Mauro all the time. IMO, Icon has said very little in this debate. He simply quotes from his favorite Preterist Archive. It really isn't much of a debate.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

DHK.....I am not that smart. I do know when I am reading solid teaching and when these persons have much to offer. I am still learning much and I learn from interacting here. I am not afraid to explore the views looking for God's truth, rather then defend a failed system.

sadly I spent many hours working through premill books that although written by godly men have missed some main biblical themes. waiting for the antichrist to come on the scene...waiting for the little horn, to work its way into the 10 nation confederacy, all the wild speculation or computer chips, and guillotines being built to behead Christians....yes I know all about it DHK... If you notice these other men look for Kingdom growth, and Jesus reign to increase.
    Yes....if you notice....the links are overloaded with scripture which you attempt to by-pass with frivolous, dubious interpretations.
    I even edited the links to keep the size down as you suggested, but the super abundance of good scriptures I cannot edit out.
    years ago while firmly premill..I ordered cases of tracts from Chapel Library in Florida.
    one of the tracts was the 70th week of Daniel 9.....it was the complete opposite of what premill taught.....It described the work of Jesus at the cross in the midst of the 70th week.......no 2000 yr parenthesis...no...it was descriptive of the accomplishment of redemption....I kept looking at my premill books speculationing about the "future anti Christ " breaking the Covenant in the middle of the week:laugh:....they had no answer for this teaching as you really do not either.

The difference is...when the verses are examined...your conclusions come up empty. I and others see that...you avoid the conclusions.

of course you want to debate me...so you think:laugh: I have some news for you DHK.....I speak and think much faster than I type....
    I would much rather learn something new than look to "win a debate ". They way I see it, you are getting your hat handed to you and do not even realize it yet.When you look to belittle me, that is an indication of that.

I give you credit on one hand for trying to be loyal opposition, but yet sadly I see where you are bound up in error on several areas of doctrine and perhaps might be a bit to proud to learn more...God resists the proud.

if you were in a learning or exchanging information posture it would be one thing...but you seem intent or bent on putting your opposition down.
    I get accused of that often on here. When you go about things that way I feel obligated to point it out and expose it, then dismantle it.

It would be better to move forward....but I take it as it comes...

Again...the truth is I do not have to be so unique or original when these men speak and offer solid scripture....the links I post I can offer a defense of...but you are unable to answer the links. many like them, and the best sermons you avoid.....that is on you my friend:wavey:

#79 Iconoclast, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are "smart" enough to declare a Biblical system as failed, but not "smart" enough to defend another system as Biblical. Therefore you must resort to copy and paste. I appreciate your willingness to learn. It seems as if you stopped learning "premil, dispensationalism" too soon. I am not a Calvinist, but MacArthur is a highly educated man. As a devout Calvinist he is both dispensational and pre-trib, pre-mil. That must count for something.
    BTW, Dr. Bob is in the same camp. He is reformed, but pre-trib.
    Many of those books were written by "sensationalists," those who would write with even a far greater imagination than LaHaye. Future events lends itself to that. One must caution himself not to read into the Bible more than is written.

Having said that, we realize that words have meanings. Just to use one example, when John was transported into heaven, what did he see:

Revelation 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
    8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
    9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
    10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
    --From various commentaries you will get all kind of speculations, and very seldom will one just simply say: "I really don't know what he saw."
    Some will say it is modern day warfare, some kind of helicopter perhaps.
    We don't know what John saw. One of the reasons we don't know is that John had a very limited vocabulary. If he were describing things as they are today, he would be using 1st century vocabulary to describe 20th century technology which would have been an almost impossible task. (Note: I didn't agree with the interpretation I gave).
    The scripture often had nothing to do with the point being made.
    What you think is good scripture, like the dreams of Joseph, I consider totally irrelevant.
    The antichrist will come. This is taught by almost every NT author.
    Then PLEASE put down YOUR thoughts. If you can think, put down, write down your thoughts, not the thoughts of some other Preterist.
    NO, I said plainly that I would rather debate you, then the copy and paste posts of yours. Put down your thoughts in your words. Then it is a debate.

I could say the same in return. I can't debate your books however, even if they are on line. That is not the nature of debate.
    I didn't put you down at all in this thread. This one last post was not meant to but to point out that I wasn't really debating you but the work that you were posting. You should at least own up to that much.
    Debate is not: "You post your book and I will post my book."
    That is not what the forum is for.
    It is for an exchange of thoughts between two or more individuals. The source material is only to be used as support material, not as the argument in and of itself.
    How are you going to make this argument at a truck stop w/o a Bible, computer, tract, or any other material.
    Paul E. Little wrote a book called "Know What you Believe."
    Then he wrote a second book: "Know Why you Believe."
    One must know why he believes what he believes.