1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For the Calvi's -- Do you hold to double predestination?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Exactly, this is why Paul could say he was alive without the law once. If a man is born spiritually dead Paul could not have said this. Paul said when the commandment came, sin revived and he died. The law was given around 1500 years before Paul was born, so the only reasonable explanation is that he was speaking of being a child, unaware of the law and consequences before God. When he matured and understood the law, he was convicted by it and spiritually died.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus very actively sends all unsaved to hell. Mt 7 mt25 rev20

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Wrong.....In Adam All sinned, In Adam All died,,,,,spiritually and physically..
    this idea is a false teaching.....all sinned and died in Adam.....To be wrong here is to go wrong in several other teachings.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Jesus is the ultimate Judge, will send them there because of their own sins, NOT due to Him Directly reprobating them!

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not so easy EWF....God has ordained whatsoever comes to pass...if it happens God ordained it.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You said in your previous post that Jesus does not actively send men to hell...that he made a place that they can go to.....read your own post! The question of reprobation is seperate from your comment.

7. JesusFan

I was trying to state that God does NOT actively reprobate men, their own sins will get them to hell, and Jesus will be their judge and will execute judgement on them but that will be result of their own "fault" not " God made them reject Jesus!"

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbsup:

Keep on keepin' on bro!

9. JesusFan

God cannot do Evil, cannot tempt one to Sin, cannot violate His Nature!

God will either directly determine things, permit/allow things, but in both cases, He will work all things together so thatHis purposes and Will will get done !

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not looking for a calvinist to dispute them; looking for explanation, education, and understanding. Help me understand those seemingly contradictory statements (one calvinist who says that God will choose whomever He chooses, and pass the other by; while the other basically says God draws others, but they choose to reject and thereby resist Him). And how the synod of Dort says one thing, but a following poster says something different?

I think the easy answer is going to be: Not all calvinists agree 100% with each other. But if there's something further, please provide and let me evaluate.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have just shown how it is another dispensation simply by the fact you agree faith is required. A fetus cannot have faith, hence another dispensation of salvation.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess we know why you are wrong in several other teachings :)

13. JesusFan

Do you hold that God cannot do that?
    That He will not save any kids/challenged people due to them not placing faith in jesus?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK people... this was not meant to turn into an infant salvation issue.

I've mentioned Rom. 9:21-22 about double predestination, but no one has really addressed it directly. Only one came close to mentioning it in passing. Any thoughts on this subject???

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Wrong :)

All die physically.

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Wycliffe Commentary:
    vv. 4,13,18 are used in both a literal and an eschatological sense. "To live" is to enter into the perfect kingdom of the Lord which is about to come (chs. 37; 38) and "to die" is to have no share in it.

Each person is responsible for his own sins and is not punished eternally for another's.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See my last attachment in the body of my last post.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The wicked that are being described in these verses have made their own bed so to speak. In the same way that Pharaoh hardening his own heart resulted in God's judicial hardening of Pharaoh's heart, damning him forever, these people in the passage have been "fitted for for destruction" because of their own rebellion and not because God "chose" to damn them.
    God determined from eternity past that vessels who would not honor Him would be destroyed. And God alone has the authority to bless one vessel or destroy another because He made them both.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well Webdog,
    Another thread dealing with Romans 5 .....and you object once again....what a surprise....[not]:laugh:

As long as you misunderstand the passage...you will always object to my posts:thumbsup:

One of us is completely wrong....and I think i know who it is;)

Cheer up...you might have developed a disciple of like mind....

AMY G.

The fact that we each sin by experience,and are responsible for our own sin, does not negate the biblical truth that Romans 3...and romans 5 teach that in Adam all died spiritually......

Think it out...God said in the day you eat of the tree...dying thou shalt surely die........He died that instant [and us in him as our representative].
    Yes he "died that day"...yet lived physically for a long time afterward.

The answer is as God declared....He died that day......spiritually.....physical death was the follow up......

Until you...webdog ,and anyone else gets this right...your view is going to be distorted.......just saying

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture Cited Taken From 2011 NIV

Your logic fails. Many adults also don't know their right hand from their left --yet are still accountable for their sins.

"And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh,in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left --and also many animals?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.