1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For those of you who are...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I saw that he's pro-choice, but saw nothing on any of the links that provide a basis for saying he's "pro gay rights".

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

WASHINGTON -- National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Tom Davis, Va., keynoted a Washington, D.C., breakfast the day before President Bush's inauguration that was designed to honor what its sponsors say were the more than 1 million homosexuals who voted for Bush. The breakfast, which drew a crowd of 400 to 500, was emceed by former GOP Sen. Alan Simpson of Wyoming.

It was sponsored by the just-formed Republican Unity Coalition, which, according to its spokesman, was founded to "promote the inclusion of gay and lesbian Republicans in Republican politics," and to bring together "Republicans -- both straight and gay -- to educate, advise and assist Republican leaders and lawmakers."

Among the Republicans lending their names to the Host Committee for the Unity Coalition breakfast were: New York Gov. George Pataki, New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Sens. John Warner, Va., and Gordon Smith, Ore., presidential counselor Mary Matalin and nationally syndicated columnist James Glassman. The Host Committee also included such well-known conservatives as Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform, California State GOP Chairman John McGraw and former Reagan speechwriter and California political strategist Ken Khachigian.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21505

It appears he is aligned with Bush on this issue.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jim, the more you talk, the more you sound like Jimmy Carter; not content, but logic! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It might be noted that Arnold Schwartzenegger (sic) cannot be elected President, as he does not meet the qualifications: he isn't a natural-born American.

My dream candidate is Condy Rice.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope Jesse Ventura runs just to shake things up(I didn't say I would vote for him). I would try to watch all of the debates he participates in if he does. [​IMG]

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Remember when Buchanan and Perot, and Ventura were all in the Reform Party?

Someone's comment:

"It's not a political party, it's a Halloween Party."

They only need Ahnahld to complete the show.

7. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I saw that he's pro-choice, but saw nothing on any of the links that provide a basis for saying he's "pro gay rights". </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry JohnV. I forgot to add a link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/story/171366p-149537c.html

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5858461

8. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Poncho,since you gave reference to this web site, are you familiar with their new video "American Dictators: Documenting The Staged Election of 2004" -- by Alex Jones? Just curious if there could be any truth in that.

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Gershom, I asked you a question:

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I could see Rudy selecting Rice as his running mate in 2008. There is already a group that was trying to get Bush to select Rice as his running mate for this election, www.bushrice04.org.

But, again, Rice is also pro-choice and pro-gay rights. The future of the GOP is not very pretty, and not very conservative.

11. Pennsylvania Jim

JGrubbs,

Do you think that being pro-choice and pro-gay rights is any longer a hindrance with Christian voters for a Republican?

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If you have to vote for a pro-choice, pro-gay Republican vs. a pro-choice, pro-gay Democrat, then I guess you have no choice but to vote for the Republican. Afterall, the Republican candidate is the only "viable" choice, sometimes you have to choose a "lesser of two evils". If voting for a "lesser of two evils" means not "wasting your vote", then you do what you have to do, right? :rolleyes:

13. Pennsylvania Jim

Yeah. I wonder how far that logic will carry. Euthaniaia will be next, I can just see it:

"Bash only thinks we should kill sick people if they are over 90. Korry thinks we should kill them at any age past 70. I'm voting for Bash".

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Elnora, I read the link, and the story printed does not reflect what the Mayor actually said. He did not say he supports gay marriage, he said that this is not a good time for a constitutional amendment. Many here on this board are not in favor of gay marriage, but also are not in favor of amending the constitution. The only "gay rights" flag might be that he is in favor of civil unions, but again, since civil unions are private contracts, many here on this board are not opposed to private civil unions, while stil being staunchly against gay marriage.

I suppose it comes down to what one considers being "pro-gay rights". It can be a rather ambiguous statement (aka, poltically divisive).

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some supporters have already set up a Rice for President in 2008 website - www.rice2008.com .

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Dwayne,

I haven't watched that one. So I can't say if there is any truth to it. But I have watched a few of his other documentaries, if this one is anything like the rest of them it's well documented.

You can watch some of them here... http://www.lastingnetworks.com/alex/

17. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I saw that he's pro-choice, but saw nothing on any of the links that provide a basis for saying he's "pro gay rights". </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry JohnV,
    I overlooked your post to me.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/171456p-149537c.html

http://www.queerday.com/archives/003635.html

http://www.planetout.com/pno/news/article.html?
    2001/10/19/3

(click link that says Rudy Guiliani opposes gay marriage ban near the bottom of the page)

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2004/03/08/mayor_bloomberg_and_the_gay_marriage_question.php