1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreknowledge

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by l_PETE_l, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Well...nothing here that a calvinist would say no to.

2. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

Amen, Evangelism plain and simple.

1. I solemnly charge {you} in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2. preach the word; be ready in season {and} out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. 3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but {wanting} to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4. and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths. 5. But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

#62 GordonSlocum, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

With all respect...you post things claiming you know the doctrines of grace, yet when you post, you prove you do not.

Most of what you claim to be Calvinist, is hyper-Calvinist if anything. You need to slow down and ask what we believe and not jump all over us saying we are of the devil and going to hell and calling us names. Its not like your the 1st person that has come on here like this...thinking they know it all. My goodness...I could not count the number. If you act right, then we can learn from each other. But just going by your post, you came on here thinking you was going to teach those Calvinist a thing or two and I for one have seen nothing new other then your homemade names.

If you would like to know what we believe..read a book, or ask. When I say read a book..i mean a Calvinist book, not a "how to kill a everyday Calvinst in 1000 easy ways."

It is clear by your post you have never read John Calvin. You fell for the "brainwashing" thing...the "robots"...and other crazy ideas. If you want a good read..ask one of us...or just ask what we believe and stop telling us what we believe.

:) :)

#63 Jarthur001, Nov 6, 2006
  4. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

Let cut the chase OK.

Do you believe that God picked some because none of the all can and that of the remaining ones will never - no never have the opportunity to get saved.

Just a yes or no

5. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

First, you need to learn more respect for what others believe.

Second, even you do not believe that everyone will have an opportunity to be saved, I am sure.

What about the billions of people who have lived in communist China and throughout Asia and India and the Middle Eastern Region who have never heard the gospel? Do you think someone can go to heaven who never believed in Jesus?

6. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Please read your text. Does it make sense? Try to make sense and we will try to answer you. Thank you.

7. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

I will ask the question again.

True of False

God Picked some
    All the rest God did not pick and is not going to pick True or False

No I believe everyone at all times had or will have an opportunity to respond to God's Grace, regardless of where it is. Yes I believe everyone has had, will have and are going to have that opportunity.

I have answered yours question now answer mine.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Time and chance has happened to all. They were the ones who rejected God, not the other way around. God just knew what they did.

They shall know me from the least unto the greatest.

There is a Spirit in man the inspiration of God almighty that giveth them understanding.

Did all those under the Law Covenant know who Jesus was or did they just know God made a promise to send a messiah, and knew God and had faith in God?

Did all those before the Law know who Jesus was or were they a concious unto themselves and knew God and had faith in God?

#68 Brother Bob, Nov 6, 2006
  9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Good question for Calvinist did God only save the US?

10. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

So you believe that people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus as their Savior? Is that what you are saying?

Yes, now that you have made an actual tangible statement.

11. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

X = all the people of all time

Y = a small part of all the the People of all time

Z= the ones that are not Y

God picked Y
    God is not going to pick Z

True of false.

12. reformedbeliever

Picked? Picked for what? President? Mrs. USA? I would think that God has the right to *pick* whom ever He chooses wouldn't you? After all, its His creation. Doesn't the potter have the right over the clay to make one unto honor and one unto dishonor? I'd love to see you exeget Romans 9. Wait....... i'm still waiting on Psalms 139 huh? Good day.

13. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

You are really starting to lose me hear.

X= Universalism (everyone goes to heaven)

Y= Exclusivism (only those who believe in Jesus go to heaven)

Z= the ones that are not Y?

I repeat, so you believe that people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus as their Savior? Is that what you are saying?

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

God elects. But this is not what you asked. :)

15. reformedbeliever

Maybe its not time to leave yet..... this is getting fun... lol

16. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

I agree God elects but you did not answer my question.

Here is the question again

God picked Y

True of false.

17. Baptist_Pastor/Theologian

Now look who is avoiding the question. I repeat, so you believe that people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus as their Savior? Is that what you are saying?

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Again you do not ask, you demand.

Therefore I answer this way.

God elects to His own pleasure.

Election is not salvation but is unto salvation.

"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election (elect) hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded" (Rom. 11:7).

"God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation" (2 Thess. 2:13)

19. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

I repeat, so you believe that people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus as their Savior? Is that what you are saying?

All people that believe in God of the Bible can go to heaven according to the dispensation they live in. We are not told everything in the Bible. Example: Melchizeidek is an interesting individual. We don't know a lot about him. Also, in Noah's day we have very little information to go on but we have some inferences that suggest all are preached to. Did they believe in the name of Jesus. No. The gospel then was the message Noah preached. This would be the same in all previous generation up to Christ, and I would take it into the transition of the church as well.

So to answer you question the way you ask it is Yes old testament saints did not understand or know to believe in the name Jesus. The object of faith is the Gospel God requires of then which all point to Christ.

Because God desires all to be saved and all to repent I see this as to all people at all times everywhere.

Now would you please answer mine here it is again.

Here is the question again

God picked Y

True of false.

20. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Wait now. How about other nations that were never told of the true God? Were they given the same grace as Gods choosen people?

added.........

I'll shut up now. I have a board meeting. :) :)

#80 Jarthur001, Nov 6, 2006