1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreknowledge

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by l_PETE_l, Nov 5, 2006.

1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Sure you do. You are an inclusivist and a synergist. You are semi-pelagian at the least if not pelagian. If I am wrong, just show me where.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you are right, show how you are. It's not his argument to prove what you say is wrong, it's up to you to prove what you are saying is right.

3. reformedbeliever

Lol...... prove I'm right? Like he does? Lets see what he says.... calvinism is the doctrine from hell....... calvinist are lost..... calvinist worship another god. Get real webdog. If you don't know the definition ...... look it up.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Look up the definition of what? You labeled him...back it up, or shut up.

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Indeed...and if you check..this is what I said. Election is not salvation. :)

You even clipped it in your post...

And that is the reason for election. AGAIN...it was not because God forsaw...it was that they may know GOD!!!

6. reformedbeliever

He said I could not put a name on him.... I just did. He holds those theological views. If you do not know what the definition of what those theological terms are... then look them up. Shut up? Lol

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They go hand in hand. This is like saying chewing food is not eating. Eating is the act of chewing and swallowing.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't need to look up those definitions. Anyone can randomly label people, big deal. I can call you a mormonistic satan worshipper and it would mean squat. If I'm going to label...I'm going to back up why I'm doing so, something you have refused to do.

9. reformedbeliever

I've learned that from you free willers.

10. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Hey, I'm relatively new to all this Calvinist vs. non-Calvinist stuff and I wish someone would answer this question: if God does elect some, does it not follow that He deliberately does NOT elect others? I mean if He elected me, and I had no choice in the matter, does it also mean He (theoretically) chose not to elect the guy in the office down the hall and that that guy has NO hope of salvation, and also has no choice in the matter?

Is this how election "works" in an oversimplified form or am I entirely missing the point?

Thanks,

Les

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

its saying Gods people was choosen that they may know Him...and the others are not.
    its saying that Gods people wasw choosen they they may believe ...and the others were not.

this is the point of being choosen. Its picking on over another.

and..this is what the text says...not i choose you because I knew you would choose me. that is silly.

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Les...

that is the point indeed. It didn't take you long. Yet some say it takes years to understand. It is simple...but one must give up their will to see.

Welcome to the doctrines of grace..:smilewinkgrin:

13. lbaker

lbaker New Member

I appreciate the explanation. I'll have to think about this for a while now. Frankly, I find the fate of the theoretical non-elected guy down the hall very troubling and hard to reconcile with a loving Father God.

But, at least now I have a clearer idea of what election is from the Calvinist viewpoint.

Thanks again,

Les

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Guy down the hall could be your wife and children instead of guy down the hall.

Not near as silly as He chose me but left my child out!

15. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

With no election, no one would have hope of salvation. The word we use is passover. Whosoever will may come...but the point is...no one comes. No one seeks after God. All are on their way to hell...and God elects out of mercy and love, as His bride. The others, He passes over and leaves them in their sin. Yet...if they will come, He will save them. The door is not locked...its open...but no one comes on their own. Thus..election

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Let it be known once again that freewill is based on MANS feelings as seen above.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

ability to be free completely given by God, amen
    Choose you this day whom you shall serve.
    Whosoever is athirst, let him come and take of the water of life freely, amen,
    Absolutely, use that which God give you and choose the good part that shall never be taken away.
    All this is the word of God. amen,

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Where as...Calvinism is based on Gods word.

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

see what I mean...:0 :) :)

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They were chosen because of faith or belief.
    I have chosen you out of the world, that you are no longer of the world. amen,

Truly is God's word. amen,