1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Form to E-mail help!!!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by JourneytoEndure, Sep 25, 2003.

1. JourneytoEndure

JourneytoEndure New Member

I need help! I have 2 forms on my website, http://www.choosefaith.com/prayerrequests.html

and

http://www.choosefaith.com/contactusform.html

but I use a free service by Response O matic and the people who fill out the form see an ad and I see them in my e-mail. I need help to upload a script that will send form info to [email protected] and where it will be ok for the person filling out the form. My hosting can use php cgi-bin but I have no clue how to set it up (instructions)I can change setting if it is highlighted in blue text in the script with instructions. If you can help please e-mail me at [email protected] or post here. Thanks,

2. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

Journey, is anyone helping you yet?

~GloryBound~

3. JourneytoEndure

No, still searching for online information on the topic or something. Alot of people do not seem to know?(Or have the moment to explain) :( I learned a little html on my own browsing online so... [​IMG] Hey I noticed your from Central Florida? Neat Area [​IMG]

4. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

Journey I do not know doodly squat about Response O Matic. But, if no one else here on the BB can help you with Response O Matic and you are willing to try doing it "without" the help of Response O Matic, I will see what I can do to help you. Not going to promise that I can, but I will do my best.

I created a form for my own web site. I use America Online and it was a real pain getting my form set up so it would be sent to my AOL email account. It worked great once I figured it all out. I do not believe you will have as much trouble as I did. I recently revamped my site and no longer use forms.

I tried to load your form pages(links above) but they would not load. Did you remove them? I wanted to take a look at your source code you have in there now. Have you already tried it out to see if it works? (Probably a dumb question, but get used to it, I might ask you many more! :D )

I love Florida!!! You could not drag, shove or throw me out of here! :D [​IMG] :D

PS. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
    I have a pretty full boat right now. (Hubby is home on vacation and needs my attention every 5 seconds! :rolleyes: MEN, they can't find anything! :rolleyes: ) But I should be able to squeeze you in if you need my help!

~GloryBound

5. JourneytoEndure

ha ha,

Agr.. I guess the servers are up and down? I just got new hosting so I guess it will be acting up a few days to completely set up.

Response o matic is a form processor, all I have to do is put 1 line of code in the action and I get it straight to my e-mail. www.response-o-matic.com i think but the downside is I see ads and the person who fills it out sees ads.

Well, I tried mostly now in the morning to set up formmail and I keep getting errors? I even tried that formmail script and I don't understand it? I need something very basic. nothing fancy. it is located at http://www.choosefaith.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.cgi

I noticed sometimes it comes out and then sometimes I have to refresh...It might be the servers are still setting up since I just chaged hosting not too long ago? I don't know?
    The script is not set up right anyway to reach my e-mail.... I'll have to keep reading the read me installation file that came with it?

6. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

Journey, I am going to put a form page up in my domain to see if your ISP is going to allow you to recieve it in it's original form without the use of an .EML file. I will atempt to send it to your "[email protected]" email address.

Keep in mind, I have distant dark clouds growing. I have already had one little storm. I shut my computer down through each storm so be patient ok.

~GloryBound~

7. JourneytoEndure

Tell me about it.. what an ugly storm. I happen to be from central FL ;) a lot of lightning today. (The power turned off and on here.)

I havn't got the e-mail? Don't know if you sent it? You can send it to [email protected] (your domain too or whatever [​IMG] Thanks a lot... if it doesn't work out don't feel stuck with me [​IMG] I appreciate your help!

8. JourneytoEndure

Oh My Oh My...After a long day off and on trying, I have something that actually works! sure there are some minor glitches but I think it is enough. I checked my server status and it's down right now (I have to contact support) but it worked earlier. I just have 2 questions! if you can't answer them that's ok but it would be neat [​IMG] .

#1 after the form is submitted, they are sent to a form result page (What they wrote down and what I have named in the form. is there a way I can send then to another page with a code on the form or even better yet, add a link back to choosefaith.com on that result page? feel free to view source of form. ( forms are located at the same links as my first post but beware I have had server problems lately.)

#2 When I get the e-mail, it is not from the sender but from someone else (My default hosting host e-mail I think? The subject is ok but not the sender, how can I get it to say the senders e-mail? ( i get their e-mail in the message but not in the inbox sender (you know, where I can hit reply and it's their e-mail from my inbox message.)

Thanks.

***Right now my hosting status said,
    Network Status
    9/25/2003 - 10:17:17 PM - We are completing some changes with your server. Your site will be online soon. I apologize for the trouble and assure you we are working to resolve this.***

so it may be down for a while?

9. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

That's great Journey!!! I used the line of code below to send my clients to a "Thank You" page after they hit the SUBMIT button. I have added the periods, one in the beginning and the other at the ending of the line so that I could post the line here. You will need to remove them when you put the line in your html file.

<.INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="ResponsePage" VALUE="http://www.baptistboard.com/thankyou.htm".>

You will need to change "www.baptistboard.com" to your domain address. Then change "thankyou.htm" to the name of the page you will be sending them too.

I am not sure about your problem with the "sender". But it could be because you are using Respond O Matic. Of course I am completely guessing on this. I am glad you figured it out Journey!

~GloryBound~

10. JourneytoEndure

Hey Thanks, hahaha, no actually I stopped response o matic, that was the problem... they continued to give me ads and people who filled out the forms. (prayer or contact)

Thanks for that code, I'll have to try it soon.

I appreciate your help.

11. JourneytoEndure

ya! I found out how to link to another page after the form is filled out!

the only thing now is the sender field on the e-mail! Oh well... I'll try a little more and if it doesn't work I am still very happy at the progress.

12. JourneytoEndure

Everything is fixed now... Thanks a lot! [​IMG]