1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Former preaching professor at NOBTS

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by izzaksdad, Feb 21, 2005.

1. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

I was at a conference today and heard Jim Shaddix preach. He was great. Extremely powerful message from Psalm 42. Anybody on here have him as a professor of preaching while he was at NOBTS?
    Just curious- would like to get some material if possible.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

mmm

Former? I did not know that he had left. Where was this conference?

Wayne

3. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

Guero,

He is now the new Pastor of Riverside Baptist Church, Denver, Colorado. Mega church right downtown. He told an interesting story today about the interview process with the search committee from Riverside- having to do with him being in the academic world for the most part in the last 11 years.

Conference was State Evangelism Conference of SC Baptists.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I am a NOBTS grad and my DH is working on his PhD. I was Dr. Shaddix's secretary for a short while. He is an awesome, awesome man. We were so disappointed he left NOBTS. But God is going to use him in a mighty way. My husband had some preaching courses under him and has his books.
    THis man is very humble and truly lives what he preaches. I am so glad you have the opportunity to hear him.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I did not personally have him, but I have heard nothing but great things about him and I know that his new church is blessed to have him.