1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Forty One Years and Fifty Five Million

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by OldRegular, Jan 21, 2014.

?
  1. Abortion at any stage is murder and a sin against God

30 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. I have no problem with Abortion

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. The Courts have spoken and that settles the issue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The woman has the right to decide what to do with her body

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. I have no problem with early abortions.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would that be murder in states that voted to not allow for it, but not in states that decided to allow for it then?

just saying issue not as black and white as "court overturns roe v wade/abortion now illegal!"

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

My question was directed at the posters on this thread that said they approve abortions in the cases of incest and rape. It's a moral question, not legal.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    agree with you that God is author of life, so he was the one that allowed life to be formed, and only he can stop it!

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A wonderful story. I believe I saw this lovely young lady on the Megan Kelly show. She was a very impressive young lady. I also think I posted another link where she talks about her experience and how she wound up in Alabama!

This young lady is black, It shows how far the people of the South have changed in the last 50 years or so. Sadly abortion is decimating the black community:

#24 OldRegular, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  5. OldRegular

It is a black and white issue. Murder is murder!

6. OldRegular

If a Constitutional Convention is called, and there is some interest in calling one, I hope that due process will be extended to the unborn and abortion will be illegal!

7. OldRegular

Ney York, New York a wonderful place with Gov. Komo!

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I won't pound you....I feel the same way. But I do realize that we live a "non-theocracy" culture. I will always vote for the most restrictive abortion "rights". I just do not see that much of a cultural swing making such restrictions law.

If my wife were raped, I would offer my input, but I would also leave the final say so for her do decide in her own heart.

9. OldRegular

Actually it was Fox and Friends. This young lady's story is well worth listening to!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/27468749...s-inspirational-abortion-story/#sp=show-clips

10. quantumfaith

Just speaking from a pragmatic point of view. As I see it, the best that could be hoped for is a return to states rights on such issues of "culture". Allowing states to legislate their own position on abortions could perhaps significantly reduce such. We will, obviously I think, eliminate abortion. We should as believers make our case and position known with love and grace. We should also follow it up with sincere support, as in serious and credible opportunities for such children to be adopted into loving homes.

If we do not provide such love and grace, our platitudes against abortion will always ring hollow to a culture which does not know and experience the love and grace that we know in or relationship with Christ.

11. OldRegular

Life poses some tough choices. The young black lady who became Auburn Homecoming queen was conceived as the result of rape. Her birth mother traveled from California to Alabama and gave the child for adoption.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/27468749...s-inspirational-abortion-story/#sp=show-clips

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    many would have had forced mary to abort jesus, as not many believed that a Virgin conceived and had a son!

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I once worked with a woman who was raped and she decided to have the baby. She is now a full grown woman.

A true mother, irregardless the situation, would want to choose her baby's life over her's. Whether she is under duress and had a chance of dying, she'd choose her baby over herself.

Too many women are "incubators" and not mothers. Major difference. I am appalled at what our country has come to.

14. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Or maybe some of us are viewing this page on Tappatalk and cannot even see polls.

15. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I choose number 1 and number 4.

16. OldRegular

A woman can do what she wants with her body. It is that baby she may be carrying that is a problem.

Of course the argument that a woman can do what she wants with her body is false. What happens to a woman who attempts suicide?

17. quantumfaith

18. quantumfaith

Attempts or succeeds?

19. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

It is. I'm not sure why anyone would think that rape would be an excuse to kill the baby. There is a human life inside the mother. To stop that life is killing the human, which we call murder.

20. OldRegular

If she succeeds then she did what she wanted, If she attempts and fails then she will likely be committed for a time.