1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Founders Conference in Raleigh

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Siegfried, Oct 21, 2002.

1. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

RevG:

I can appreciate your assertion that the Founders Movement wants to emphasize missions and evangelism. I have several friends whom I respect who are a part of the movement. At the same time, I find within the FM a tendency to display an "our way in the only truly biblical way" mentality that drives many away. The FM has a negative image in many circles b/c of this. I have spoken with some FM people who are very gracious and humble and others who are downright arrogant and pompous. My whole point is that we have to recognize that our approach to and interpretation of certain matters is not always the only right one. I am glad you can say some positive things about RW b/c I have heard others in the FM display repeatedly the "Warren is an apostate" type attitude shown above.

I simply believe one can learn from a variety of great Christian leaders whom God is using to do extraordinary things w/o being so negative about those with whom I disagree and pretending that I have all the absolute answers.

Humility goes a long way in establishing a proper methodology and theology.

2. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Please don't make the accusation that it was a FM guy that made the statement about Warren being an apostate on the previous page of this discussion. If you'll read his post, you'll find that your assertion is simply not accurate.

3. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Preach the Word stated:
    Thanks, Siegfried.

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

If people understood salvation, they would not be imitating Schuller, Hybels, Warren, Satan, Nimrod, etc.

The Founders movement is very good in the sense that it will hopefully help eradicate easy-believism.

5. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

PTW:

Yes, may "cheap grace" and "easy believism" be eradicated from the SBC - though a lot must happen for that to take place! After all, if we get rid of "cheap grace," then we'll have to trim down our denominational figures by about 11 million. :(

Rev. G

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Then so be it. We were willing to do it in the area of Scripture. Let us have the spines to do it in the area of salvation.

For Jews require a sign and Greeks seek wisdom, but I preach Christ crucified...

I predict that the more conservative the SBC becomes, the less likely Warren will stick around. Alot would have to happen though.

7. All about Grace

I recognize that PtW does not identify himself as a part of the FM. At the same time, I have heard similar remarks and a similar attitude displayed by many who are an active part of the FM.

To be honest with you PtW, it is my guess that Rick Warren is not concerned with the same issues which seem to box your thinking. You once again fall prey to labeling anyone who disagrees with you as some type of "cheap grace" peddler. This simply reflects your lack of knowledge of what is happening. You can rest assured it is as "difficult" to become a member at Saddleback as it is in most of the churches where guys of your mindset pastor. Again it is easy to construct and eliminate straw men in this debate that do not mesh with the facts.

8. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Mr. Moderators,

Can we get a department of web site security to prevent all these threads from getting hijacked and turned into abysmal wrecks?

The original question was if there is anyone who can give us a recap of the conference and recommendations for buying tapes. Anybody like that out there?

If you want to argue over whether the Founders are of the devil, please start your own thread to talk about it.

9. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Siegfried, if you don't want your threads hijacked, you shouldn't be posting here. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Could the anti-Reformed folks call off their dogs and let's get back to the topic at hand please?

11. All about Grace

Questioning some of the attitudes and statements of the FM does not equal "anti-Reformed folks". :rolleyes:

12. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Questioning some of the attitudes and statements of the FM does not equal "anti-Reformed folks". :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]If you hadn't come onto this thread and started making snide remarks, you wouldn't be getting rebuked by Tom. You might keep that in mind next time you have some cute remarks to make.

If you want to question attitudes and statements of the FM, do it on your own thread, not on one established for a completely different purpose.

13. All about Grace

Calm down. I have always said those Foundations guys just need to relax some and you seem to make my case quite well [​IMG]

As far as that "you've been rebuked" suggestion, well ......
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

14. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, let's bring the topic back to subject at hand: