1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Four Unities Prove 1st Century Rapture (Continued from old thread)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, May 11, 2021.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am continuing this thread only because of a few loose ends that need to be taken care of.

First, from RLVaughn:
    I cannot say for sure. Unlike the previous version this latest edition is completely offline. And I do not intend to buy a copy seeing that I am on the road all the time. All I know is that my piece is still in there. I hope the fixed some of the embarrassing typos and some grammar mistakes.
    No. For that you would have to go to eschatology.org, for one. A site I definitely do not recommend. But that site represents the "mainstream" view, that of Don K. Preston, William Bell et al. The much smaller group - the one that believes, among other things, in a literal rapture is the site I recommended above. Writers here include Ed Stevens, Ian Harding, and Stuart Russell, writer of the classic "The Parousia" (over a century ago. With a great foreword from RC Sproul).
    I was not aware that you had to. Were you unable to access the site?

#1 asterisktom, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was surprised by its near complete absence from the net. And the one that does have it has a pretty stout price -- $100.
    When I plugged in eschatology.org, it took me HERE. To be clear, which view of preterism does that site promote?
    I think I have figured it out. When I click on this link in your signature
    WordPress.com
    I get this message:
    However, I have found I can get to it via this link:
    Asterisktom's Blog

Don't know if others have this problem, but if so, you might want to change the link in your signature.

3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite pricy. That is why I balked at buying another one. Private publishing can be steep indeed,

It promotes what I call heterodox preterism (in some cases downright heretical). You can click on the top left link and it will take you to the main guy of that theology, Don K. Preston. Aside from believing in a mere covenantal change rapture he also believes that we were not saved by the blood of Christ, that Christ saved us before He even physically died. We were saved by His spiritual death (sic!) and His physical death came later.

By contrast, Ed Stevens site, recognizes the essential importance of the actual death of Christ for our salvation and that "without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin."

BTW, this link is perhaps the best place to see at a glance his (and my view):
    Q & A Topics

Thanks. I changed it.

#3 asterisktom, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1