1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fox news - sick Biden and little girl's ears

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by JonC, Dec 6, 2023.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok....I know this is going to be another "JonC is taking a liberal position", but at this point I don't care.

Even so I'll preference this thread with the admission I would never vote for Biden or any Democrat. Not news since I don't vote. But Biden's policies are the exact opposite of mine.

That said - I'm sitting here watching Fox News. They were talking about how creepy Biden was because he told a 6 year old girl he liked her ears (this looked to be at a festival or something).

That caught my attention and I watched. It sure sounded creepy....worse than that weird leg hair story. The actually presented this as "sick" (an old man with an ear fetish).

I should have known better.

What Biden did was tell a 6 year old girl that he liked her ears, that they were cool. The girl was wearing a headband with cat ears.

My question is, in "reporting", how much propaganda is too much propaganda? How do we know when journalism stops being journalism?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW....the reason this bothers me is that this is exactly how the left handled Trump. They accused Trump of racism, of hating Mexican immigrants, etc. by twisting reality.

I know.....I long for days of more honest reporting, more honest people, more leaders that can be looked up to.

But hey....that's why I don't vote. There aren't any in politics.

• Like Like x 1
  3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, folks have identified Biden’s interaction with kids as clearly “grooming”. He touches strangers children without permission. He sniffs their hair. He tells little 8 year olds they look 18.

All you have to do is look at the face of the kids. Most are clearly uncomfortable.

Concerning the ears, if that is all he had ever done, you might think it not news worthy. But he has a history.

You are correct, though. It does look like they are reporting something not worthy to mention.

peace to you

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh...I agree he's a strange fella.

Part of it is he is great grandfather age having been a politician since politicians kissed babies (I never understood that one).

But I agree with you. The problem I have is honesty in reporting. His interaction with that 6 year old wasn't inappropriate but at the same time he had a history of creepiness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what i've seen every "news" channel (MSNBC, CNN, Fox, CBS etc.) in USA is propaganda. You can tell what political side they support by the rhetoric espoused, particularly during election time, and the choice of "news" stories that are pushed.

When you can clearly see which political candidate/party the "journalists" are supporting and the focus of the is to manipulate (manipulate not convince because it is not through honest argumentation, but the twisting or ignoring of facts that undermine the argument and the deliberate dishonesty) the audience, that is propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I find strange is how "on the surface" it is.

It seems like journalists would at least want to be viewed as journalists. But more and more it is obvious that they are entertainers hired to please their intended audience by spinning a narrative.

What I can't get over is they appear content in that role.

7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling them entertainers trying to please an audience is much too generous. Since they began to openly, and fervently expose radical liberal propaganda, most have lost large % of their audience.

They don’t really care if the truth is being told or if anyone is watching. They Pat themselves on the back for spewing hate and false information while accusing conservatives to doing the same

peace to you