1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Franklin Graham in Poland

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Apr 11, 2024.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man....makes me feel old. He looks like his dad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is he in Poland, it’s a Roman Catholic country?
    Less the tattoos.

4. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why shouldn't he be in Poland, and what does it matter if its a "catholic" country?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Franklin Graham is coming to the UK this summer too

• Like Like x 1
  6. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A Walk With My Father... I am so glad that in 1974, on my twenty-second birthday, I took a walk with my father along Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. It became for me a pivotal walk – one that led me to do an about-face.

There was a spiritual battle raging within me that I did not completely understand until my father gently confronted me. As I walked beside him, he said, “Franklin, your mother and I sense there is a struggle going on in your life.” The truth of his words startled me. I thought I had been covering up my sin well. He said, “You’re going to have to make a choice either to accept Christ or reject Him.”

Franklin Graham on his father, Billy Graham - The Billy Graham Library Blog

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because he has no business being there… how about the poor places like West Virginia where he can make a difference… what’s his game?

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The grand tour

9. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can remember growing up with the same struggles mentioned by Franklin in the above article. When Billy Graham would preach I could not stay in the room for the conviction of the Holy Spirit was mighty coming through those air waves. Even as I meditate on it now it is hard to do so with dry cheeks.

As far as the Grahams I feel if they could have worked the "Laodicean" money making racket (book sales, etc.) better they could have managed without the help of a ministry. But... The conviction of the Holy Spirit was there as Billy Graham would preach. In which I cannot say true of every ministry.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Ghost doesn’t need the Graham family’s help. I just watched a trip to Israel tour hosted by Franklyn and his daughter and typical of the end of the show he does a virtual alter call. I guess that’s their brand of name is it and claim it.

11. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Much today requires discernment...

*Is it of the flesh?
    *Is it of God?
    *Is it of the devil?

Here is a woman speaking truth...

The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. - Acts 16:17

What was wrong with that? It was the truth! Not promoting anything of the flesh or any issues... Yet Paul said...

But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. - Acts 16:18

12. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "No business being there"? Are we not to proclaim the gospel to all people? The Polish people need the gospel just as much as the people in West Virgina.

"Kalena*, a teen from Ukraine who lives in Poland, heard about the tour and signed up for a free evangelism class during preparations for the event. The young woman invited her parents, who were not Christ followers, to come along.

They were some of the 3,000-plus people from across Poland who completed the Christian Life and Witness Course. The practical training equips Christians to live out their faith in Jesus Christ and share it with others.

Hearing about Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and the promise of eternal life resonated with Kalena’s mom and dad, and both prayed to receive Christ as their Saviour.

Two months later, Kalena’s father, Michal*, was baptised, and he is now being trained to lead a Bible study in their home. The course not only changed his life, it awakened a passion in him to reach others with the same life-changing message. A few weeks ago, Michal invited one of his friends to visit his church with him, and he also chose to follow Christ.

Poland needs an evangelistic event like this, said Pastor Wojciech W?och, noting the nation’s deep divisions. His church is one of more than 300 involved with the outreach.

“There is so much hatred and fighting around us, even in so many of our own homes and families,” W?och said. “It’s a critical problem, and experts and politicians are struggling to find a solution.

“This is why hundreds of churches from many different denominations across our country have united around the message of the Bóg Cie Kocha Tour,” he said. “ We believe it can bring the hope and peace that we need in our families and our nation.”

The problems in Poland stem from a spiritual darkness, said Hans Mannegren, festival director for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. One thing he’s been amazed at is the strong desire people have for others to know Christ—even complete strangers across the globe."

God Loves You Tour Heading to Poland | Billy Graham Evangelistic Association - UK

• Like Like x 1
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is BS. Poland doesn’t need name it and clame it evangelicals telling them to Claim Christ, they need to be regenerated through the power of the Holy Ghost and then be converted to a solid church. This guy brings nothing to the table except a show.

14. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you want "name it claim it evangelicals" in West Virginia?

I may have misunderstood what your obejection is. Is it that he's gone outside USA to evangelise when there is need in the USA, or that you disagree with the theology of the Franklin Graham and thus object to the shallow message being proclaimed?

15. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both

17. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know they aren't already, regenerated that is?... Brother Glen:)

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Because?

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

If a man has love for his fellowman, and God is the essence of LOVE where did he get it?

#17 tyndale1946, Apr 15, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  18. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you want a "name it claim it evangelical" who "brings nothing to the table except a show" to come to West Virginia?

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    America first

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then they don’t need Franklin Graham and his circus show.