1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Franklin Graham says Christ would take the covid vaccine and wants you to also??

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is just too bizarre.
    In Covid vaccine push, Franklin Graham claims Jesus would have taken vaccines if they were available

“Anytime there was a vaccine or something that could help protect you, he was an advocate for, he took it,” Franklin Graham told ABC News in a recent interview during a segment in which mainstream media was selling the various Covid-19 vaccines to the American people. “I think if there were vaccines available in the time of Christ, Jesus would have made reference to them and used them.”

In the first part of his statement, he was referring to his famous father, Evangelist Billy Graham, who famously embraced modern science while maintaining his adherence to a Biblical worldview. But it was in the second part of the younger Graham’s statement that problems emerge. Claiming to know that Jesus Christ would make “reference” to vaccines and use them is borderline blasphemous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This Jesus is the the real one of history and scripture.

John 15:23-25
    New King James Version

23 He who hates Me hates My Father also.
    24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father.
    25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Anytime there was a vaccine or something that could help protect you, he [Billy Graham] was an advocate for, he took it," says Franklin. "I think if there were vaccines available in the time of Christ, Jesus would have made reference to them and used them."

Franklin did not say he knew Jesus would use vaccines. So the charge is false.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more item, a pastor on the video claimed the vaccine would defile the body, the temple of God. But nothing we put into our bodies defiles us, but what comes out of our heart can defile us. (Matthew 7:18)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes, Jesus used food as the example, saying it goes in and then comes out and does not defile the body.

You can defile the body by using drugs I suppose, like drug addicts, alcohol, and being sexually immoral.
    I do not think vaccines defile the body as they are not used by the user for immoral purposes like an intoxicating drug.

Jesus would not bother to get a vaccine of any kind, he had no use for money, but to not offend, even though Jesus said the sons of the kingdom are free, we are to pay the tax.
    So I suppose to not offend, you are free to get the vaccine too, if your government demands that you do so. like peter paying the tax with the coin from the fishes mouth.

Matthew 17:24-27
    New King James Version

24 When they had come to Capernaum, those who received the temple tax came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?”

25 He said, “Yes.”

And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?”

26 Peter said to Him, “From strangers.”

Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free. 27 Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money; take that and give it to them for Me and you.”

6. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You quoted Franklin saying Christ would, so your making the point too, so not a false charge at all, Franklin says it in an apologetic way to push the point you should be vaccinated because he thinks Christ would also be vaccinated.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorcery refers to the non-medicinal use of drugs. It is a "deed of the flesh" and thus sinful behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop with the generalities, the thread title reads "
    Franklin Graham says Christ would take the covid vaccine and wants you to also"
    and that is false, disinformation to tarnish a man of God. I provided the quotes!!!

Here is the quote again, ""I think if there were vaccines available in the time of Christ, Jesus would have made reference to them and used them."

1) Franklin did not say Christ would take the Covid vaccine, he said he thought Christ would. Therefore he did not claim he had knowledge of what Christ would do, he just offered his opinion.

2) There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Christian expressing his or her opinion about what they believe is the best course of action. That is what Elders are obligated to do!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Grahams had and have issues. They are not wonderful perfect people totally Christ like. I don't trust any man myself.
    And that is the title of the relevant article, I did not make this story up, this is a news forum, and this is a bit of news.

10. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'Heresy!' Franklin Graham's followers revolt after the evangelical leader says Jesus would get the COVID vaccine - Alternet.org

"I have been asked my opinion about the vaccine by the media and others. I have even been asked if Jesus were physically walking on earth now, would He be an advocate for vaccines," Graham wrote. "My answer was that based on the parable of the Good Samaritan in the Bible, I would have to say—yes, I think Jesus Christ would advocate for people using vaccines and medicines to treat suffering and save lives."

Clearly, Graham is speaking from an apologetic type voice, by not being 'absolute' but still saying Christ would take the vaccine and you should too. You see that all the time with preachers when they speak. They teach as the scribes of Jesus's day, but they do not have the authority to pontificate as Christ Himself like the pope claims to have.

Mark 1
    21 Then they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and taught.
    22 And they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Matthew 7:28-29
    New King James Version

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
    29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some might say you failed the due diligence test.

12. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Franklin Graham Urges Clergy to Support COVID Vaccines, Says Jesus Would Have Used Them Too | CBN News
    Graham, the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and Samaritan's Purse, told ABC News that there could be harmful consequences if pastors discourage church members from receiving the shot.

"I would hope that the pastors in the pulpit would tell people how they can be saved from God's judgment," Graham said. "I think for a pastor to tell someone not to take the vaccine is problematic because what would happen if that person got coronavirus and died?"

video commentary eviscerates Graham on his idea implying the disease is God's judgement and if you get vaccinated you will be saved...from that judgement.
    Franklin Graham Claims That Jesus Would Take The Wuhan Flu Vaccine (ugetube.com)

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you put words in Franklin's mouth, words and a message he never said.

He was still saying he thought (his opinion) that Jesus would advocate taking the vaccine. You change that to say "Christ would take the vaccine." To find fault by manufacturing fault is unhelpful.

Luke 10:34 indicates support for using the medical treatments available in that day, thus consistent with Franklin's opinion about what Jesus might do today.

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this, "vaccine," alter the created in the image of God, man?

This question is actually for your informative thoughts.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Created in the image of God does not relate to our physical attributes, as God is Spirit, without hands, arms, legs and so forth.
    And of course we do not share in some of God's attributes, like being omnipresent, or all knowing, or all-powerful.

So what are our attributes that at least are "like" attributes of God? We are people and He is a person, possessing will, intellect and emotion. We are able to be kind, compassionate, loving. We cannot save sinners, but we can help by being God's witness. We can behave in a godly manner as we understand godly manner.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Just a thought.

The immune system protects your child's body from outside invaders, such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and toxins (chemicals produced by microbes). It is made up of different organs, cells, and proteins that work together.

Where did that come from?

And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

Did it used to work pretty good?

Vaccines.

I wonder how God feels about us trying to overcome his, Will?

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

WWJD

17. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am all for less pain and suffering if that be in the will of the Lord for myself. God does use circumstances, the scriptures says in Romans 8:28, also the trials Peter and James mentions. 1 Peter 1:6 James 1:2-4

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

18. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    March 27, 2021
    Canadian medical perspective on pandemic
    By Benjamin Fulford Letters to the Editor 13 Comments

Thanks for your reply Ben!

Wow! Your sister must be red-pilled by now then! I’m glad I’m not alone in my stance. I certainly won’t get vaccinated either.
    Some doctors in Ontario have been speaking up publicly on social media, but the Ontario College has been persecuting any doctors who go against the government/MSM narrative.

Early on, I couldn’t get a single member of my med school class to even look at the real science behind this pandemic, or the benefits of HCQ or Ivermectin in the treatment of respiratory viruses. I sent out links to the research about HCQ and Coronaviruses, and not a single classmate replied to even discuss it.

Not to mention the fact that masks are totally ineffective in preventing the spread of respiratory viruses! My nursing friends say the ICUs are at a normal activity if not a little slower than usual, but the news keeps saying our hospital system is on the “verge of collapse”.

So now most of my relatives and virtually all of my med school classmates think I’m a “crazy conspiracy theorist”. As for me, I am ashamed of my profession going along with this criminal charade!

My friends who are originally from Communist countries all recognized the bullshit and propaganda on the news. They know it’s a power grab by the government. They say it’s just like it was in Russia or Romania under Communism.

My other friends from Africa and India were scared of the pandemic at first, but as time went on, they also concluded that it’s B.S. They are quite familiar with what a real pandemic looks like, and they know this isn’t it. No dead homeless people in the street etc…

If the original Covid-19 strain did exist, I think it probably disappeared amongst the hundreds of other circulating Coronavirus strains within a few months after it was “released”. It burnt itself out and was replaced by more benign strains of Coronavirus. The rest of this has been statistical manipulation and lies.

The vaccines they’re rolling out are terrifying. If you recall, I’m a retired M.D. with an M.Sc. in Microbiology and Immunology. My Master’s project was in molecular genetics and I actually met Jonas Salk when he gave a talk at the University of Western Ontario.

I’ve sent this below to all to my friends/relatives:

Just to re-iterate, these are the different ways the vaccine could harm people:

1. Immediate anaphylactic (acute allergic) reactions to adjuvants in the vaccines known to historically cause problems.

2. Acute (within days to weeks) auto-immune reactions due to circulatory inflammation and antibodies causing low platelets and blood clotting problems. This would result in strokes, heart attacks and organ (liver, kidney) failure. Note that when these deaths occur suddenly in seniors, it’s often attributed to “old age” and no autopsies are done.

3. Delayed immune reactions (months to a year later) due to pathogenic priming of the immune system by the vaccine. This was seen to happen when they tested previous mRNA vaccines in animals. Months later when the animals were exposed to a different strain of Coronavirus or even some other respiratory virus such as influenza, they responded with an overly aggressive immune response (called a cytokine storm) which resulted in widespread life-threatening inflammation in the lungs and major organs of the body.
    Expect the MSM to blame this on a new “more virulent” strain of virus, therefore raising the pressure to get more people vaccinated. In reality, these deaths will actually have been due to a delayed side effect of the vaccine.

4. Long-term (over years) auto-immune diseases caused by “Covid antibodies” and T-cells cross-reacting to proteins within the body. Results could be an increase in conditions such as autism, juvenile diabetes, ADHD, OCD in kids, and inflammatory bowel disease, inflammatory arthritis, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, etc… in adults.
    The other possible effects could be fertility issues in both men and women, which we’ve already been seeing increased rates of in developed countries where vaccination rates are high. (Eg. lowered sperm counts with poor motility in men, endometriosis and increased miscarriages in women.)

It is easy to predict these above health issues simply by looking at the design of the “vaccines”, which really are more properly described as “gene therapy”. However, we also have the experimental data that was generated in animal trials when they were attempting to develop mRNA vaccines for the SARS virus…they abandoned these trials because most of the animals died when they were exposed to viruses a few months after vaccination.

Ben… at this point, it appears many people will be getting vaccinated, so I’m not going to try to warn people anymore. It’s falling on deaf ears, and I risk alienating most of the people I know with my “conspiracy theories”. I hope those of us doctors and scientists who’ve had grave concerns about these vaccines are eventually proven wrong. I really do.
    I fear we won’t be.

M

P.S. I agree with China deserving 20% of the global resources. However, I wish the CCP weren’t in charge. My Grandpa Lee and his father escaped China after the Kuomintang party was overthrown. They hated the Communists, so I grew up with a personal bias against the CCP, though I love the country and its people. (I was last there in 1997)

Dear M,
    The problem with your medical colleagues is that the medical bureaucracy, like the medical associations or the college of physicians, is that the top people in these organizations are cabal agents who must obey or be fired, ostracized, de-licensed, or killed. That is why we are going after the heads of these organizations now they have become openly and obviously criminal and even genocidal.
    BF
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Take what you will, from my daily travels. Free will, a blessing or a curse, maybe just a test.............

19. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one knows how the vaccine will affect you months or years later, it is just a huge worldwide medical experiment. Imagine if it does cause a population crash, which is exactly what the globalists want. And untold suffering for the survivors as they age. And it would all be denied by the world powers that the vaccine did anything like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lethal injection is one of the ways they do capital punishment. With Covid vaccines, your part of the world wide great reset experiment to 'build back better' with fewer people I think.