1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred Thompson for President!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Sep 9, 2007.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fred Thompson, as you know, as officially announced for President of the USA on the Republican ticket!

He is the best choice!

Here is a website:

http://www.fred08.com/

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good luck, cmg. Thompson would make as good of a GOP sacrificial lamb in the November 2008 election as any of the other candidates. He has connections with the American Enterprise Institute so the neo-"conservatives" will certainly like him.

However, I still think that Giuliani will win the GOP nod. The Republican base appears to have put social issues on the backburner for 2008.

#2 KenH, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:tear: Definitely, Fox News Network has chosen Giuliani for the nod.This is as staged as Pro-Wrasslin.

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Any takers on Mitt as a veep? Seems like a "safe" choice.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Mormons in the White House ever.

Mitt thinks that he will be a god in charge of his own planet after death according to Mormon doctrine.

This man has $500,000,000. We need to tell him that the White House is not for sale to the Mormon church and that we want no Mormons in the White House ever.

6. Ivon Denosovich

While I certainly don't agree with Mormonism, church mouse guy, it seems a bit dishonest to suggest that anyone- religion aside- could purchase a public office. That's always been one of the more disconnected accusations against wealth. Look at the only billionaire to date to have filed, Perot. Is there anything less than a token candidate? Also, in 2000 Forbes was the wealthiest GOP guy and couldn't crack the Bush/McCain momentum. If Mitt wins it's because people voted for him, not because he bought something.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome aboard, Ivon!

Welcome aboard, Ivon! I think that I read about a book about one day in your life....

I wish to convey that it is only Mitt's money that has kept him in the primary. His sole base is the Mormon church, a rich and powerful cult, as you know.

Who wants a full-blown cultist in the White House? The world would really think that the USA was nuts if we put someone in the White House with the looney idea that he was going to be a god in charge of a planet providing he lived a good life as a Mormon. Talk about disrespect for the USA.... I would have to join the French in laughing at the USA if we prove stupid enough to elect Romney.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry, cmg, I figure that Senator Clinton is a shoo-in for the next president of these United States.

9. Ivon Denosovich

Yes, my days are rather eventful. Or at least one of them was! Thanks for the welcome, church mouse guy.

I agree with your take on Mism. But not necessarily your take on Mons. I doubt the Mon in question is practicing. Anything. Politically, religiously, you name it. Just look at him. And then look at the other kinda sorta him. But this argument is hypothetical and for all I know you could be right. I doubt it, but it's possible.

BTW, it *isn't* one single donor that has kept anyone in the race. There are limits to donations. Excessively regulated limits. I know because I give. Cite, please?

#9 Ivon Denosovich, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless one is self-financed. If one takes away the money that Romney has "loaned" to his campaign it doesn't have much more money in the bank than Ron Paul's does - maybe even less after Romney's expenditures for the Iowa straw poll.

11. Ivon Denosovich

Point taken. But still, He is arguably not a "church."

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he is not a church. Personally, I have no problem with a political candidate being a Mormon. My interest is in a candidate's positions, not his religion or lack thereof.

13. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

:eek:
    Are you saying that Pro-Wrasslin isn't real??????

#13 ktn4eg, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  14. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Fred is like the girl you ask to the prom, and she delays giving an answer so long, that you get another date!

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not for the Chinese and Hillary.

16. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Fred is second in the polls just under guilliani long before he got into the race. It is a good bet that he will get the nomination.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thompson is a boring speaker and has not shown that he has the fire in the belly to win the nomination. His poll standing has been based solely on his role as a gruff DA on "Law & Order". He just won't inspire anywhere near enough support to win the GOP nomination. It wouldn't surprise me to see him drop out of the race before the end of this year.

18. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I realize this is just your opinion. But it couldn't be more wrong.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time will tell. Time will tell.

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

People thought Reagan was boring on the campaign trail. Thompson doesn't look like he's blowing a gasket. He doesn't run up and down sidewalks for photo ops. So I guess the Anderson Coopers of the world aren't wild about him. So what?

And about this "late entry" business...in 1995, Colin Powell announced in the Fall of that year that he would not be running. It was referred to as an early decision. Just because Fred hasn't been running since Valentine's Day doesn't bother me one bit. Again, the pundits and hacks aren't happy, but when are they?

We need to evaluate the candidates on their records and stances, and not some arbitrary media-driven yardstick.