1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Free Grace Theology: Mocking God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Internet Theologian, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to SG, he told me he was banned from the board... He just wanted to do his own thing and it cost him... Some never learn... Brother Glen

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Excellent response. Romans 3:28 is being at the least, misused in his response. But those who understand salvation as we do will always be accused of works based religion, which is a conflation of evidence and works on the accusers part.

His (jamesl) claim 'justification is fixed and secure before any potential for success or failure' is absurd and a feeble attempt to wax scholarly (or something) o_O

Firstly we can never successfully gain it in any effort, and if we could lose our justification (salvation) we would.

The attacks on this board by many is sad - this is how they welcome brothers, witnessed from the outside looking in prior to joining. It's amazing how solidly some think they are theologically but the way they treat others shows many are actually clueless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Internet Theologian

No, actually I nailed it, your post was an attempt to malign a brother you don't even know, and right off the bat. That's who you are obviously, and there you are at it again.

4. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't disagree with the antinomianistic character of free grace...it looks the same as antinomianism. The primary difference is FGT proponents still view sin as serious (just not that serious) while antinomians don't view sin are serious at all. Like Revmitchell said, many FGT advocates hold some sort of pre-consummative punishment for sins (such as Millennial Exclusion) while antinomians don't really hold any substantial penalty for sin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not disagree. That is why I mentioned some hold to a "nuanced view", but in the end it reaches the same conclusion: Sin, whether serious or not, does not effect the validity of a person's profession. That is the inherent danger of FGT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've joined Saturday and you know who I am too?? I guess you can't be wrong since you obviously know everything. LOLOL

7. Internet Theologian

Thanks for the candor and honesty, and I agree with you that it is antinomianism. You are correct that FGT rejects repentance and that is a huge red flag. To those hoodwinked by it, it is very subtle, a few pretexts here and there and they believe the system. One of the worst is the 'fire insurance' teaching (1 Cor. 3:15).

8. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly.

9. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all you say free grace?... Was grace free?... It was for you and me but it came with a cost that in human terms cannot be fathomed... It was a gift that none of us deserved... Can you lose it?... There are some who say you can... I'm not one of them!... Do we think so low of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that he will lose of those he died for on the cross one that he shed his life's blood for... It is true in life we may fall to the lowest depths but never forget my brothers and sisters... I am God I change not therefore ye Sons of Jacob are not consumed!... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
  10. Internet Theologian

I don't know you by name but I'm getting 'who you are', yes. Keep slandering, scorning, denigrating, and keep up the callow taunting, its all I have to go by as that is your walk. It was unnecessary for you to attempt to malign me by suggesting I am SBM in the beginning of this thread, and that was only meant to defame a person and malign them to others who would join your scorning. But that's 'you'.

11. Internet Theologian

Free Grace is a theological system. I am not mocking that Grace is free. You need to go re-read the OP. Goodness sake brother know what you're doing and saying before you conclude...

12. Internet Theologian

Nailed!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is easy to find fault with the soteriology of others, less easy to put forth with clarity the soteriology of the bible. Easy Believeism is the mistaken view that comes closest to OP characterization of Free Grace Theology.

Do we save ourselves by believing the right things with the right intensity? Or are we saved only when God credits our belief as righteousness and places us spiritually "in Christ." Automatic salvation upon professing Christ is found no where in scripture. We are chosen for salvation through faith in the truth, but it is God doing the choosing.

14. Internet Theologian

I was reading some on Finney. He equated salvation, and making one's heart new as when one chooses a career. It is achieved simply by 'determination'.

15. Internet Theologian

BTW finding fault with the theology of others isn't necessarily easy as you suggest so that would be a misnomer. Some of the nuances are quite subtle. One must be acquainted with the true in order to see that which is error - Hebrews 5:11-14.

16. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yuck. I am sure he meant well, but his teachings are killing our churches even unto this day.

17. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The post title reads like a slander to those who profess Free Grace Theology, either you are ignorant of the FGT position or you are trolling.
    You write and reason like an educated person so I'm just calling it as I see it.
    If you are just ignorant of the position, I apologize.

I understand from what you write that you came from a Free Grace Church that missed the mark. That's a shame. It's not characteristic of Free Grace Soteriology.

Here's a quote I shared a while back that might clarify things a bit.

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  18. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly

My walk...from an internet forum Laugh

You seem the one to be majoring in the unnecessary right now

If you can suggest that you know me by what I type, then I can suggest that you are SBM by what you type.

19. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The devises of men always want to invent some new theological system of belief... Well it seems to be in your house and not mine... I'm not even going there and let you brethren fight it out in your own camp... I bid you all adieu and see you on another post that makes more sense... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.