1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Love and Strict Diets

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by swaimj, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This thread makes me hungry! :laugh:

I'm wondering why God gave meat to eat after the flood and not before? Why did Adam not eat meat? An animal was killed to cloth him so there was death of animals.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

God had told them to eat the plants and stuff like that, but never told them to eat animals, even after sin and death entered the world. I think it never occurred to Adam to eat an animal - it was foreign to him.

Why God said man could kill and eat animals only after the Flood I don't know. I've wondered that, too. Perhaps it had something to do with the way the earth and plant life changed after the Flood.

Interesting side note - a Hebrew term sometimes used for both man and animals is a term for a living being (I think it may be "nepheshot hayyot" which also translates sometimes as "soul") but this term is never used for plants.