1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Will- Result of Emotional Handicap?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I just assumed you were shaking your fist...:laugh: :wavey:

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

:laugh::laugh:

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I just read your signature and it is FANTASTIC!!:laugh:

It is ABSOLUTELY hilarious!!!:laugh:

How embarrassing!! But how tremendously funny that is!!! :laugh:

You got me! :thumbs:

4. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

We have the choice to serve one of two masters, God or Satan.
    If we choose ourselves at any point, it is choosing Satan.
    If we deny ourselves at every point to follow Him, He will provide.
    Jesus shed His godly authority to become man, to walk as one of us, yet without sin.
    Jesus was fully man, in perfect relationship with the Father.:thumbs:

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a debate forum. Everyone on the board has the right to put forth their arguments. The forum (or even the thread) does not belong to you. Why are you so arrogant? Is it intimidating to answer his question?

I make the arguments and I answer the arguments.

Yes your Lordship! :rolleyes:

Do you expect all the BB to bow down before you?

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Your intentional adding of the article "the" to twist my words to suit your relentless hateful onslaught against me is duly noted.

Hope your proud

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yep- we have choice. Every Calvinist on earth agrees with this.

We keep having to say the same things over and over again.

We have choice but without the Holy Ghost we choose evil every time.

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God neither can he...

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It doesn't change the meaning any does it:
    "I make arguments and answer arguments."

We all know what you mean, especially in the light of having just personally insulted Webdog by saying to him:
    "Because you are not the debate nazi around here. This is not an inquisition- it is a debate."

And then you arrogantly say:
    I don't just answer questions.

Well, what do you do???

I make arguments and answer arguments.

You don't get the respect of the people here that way.

9. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

DHK,

I think it is obvious that he has never gained respect nor does he give it. But he does whine about it.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke, it is impossible to say you have choice when you have no options.

11. GBC Pastor

GBC Pastor New Member

I guess you answer antagonism after all Luke. You just hide behind that excuse when you have no answer for someone's argument.

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I was saying I don't answer frivolous questions. What I do, rather is answer arguments put to me and make arguments and put them to others.

That is what I was saying- I think it is simple for any thinking person to see that.

What you did because you are frustrated by so many young people smashing you in so many debates in spite of your elderly state is twist my words to fuel your hatefulness toward me.

Adding the two articles TOTALLY changed the tone of my words and took them COMPLETELY out of context.

If you did this on purpose, you have a anger problem. You need to deal with it. If not, then just apologize to me and everybody else on here and we can move on.

BTW, calling me arrogant is a personal attack and against the rules. I think if you are going to continue to pick fights with me you ought to resign your station as a moderator- it is not very upstanding behavior and beneath what we should expect of one who occupies this position.

We all should expect more of someone who is so advanced in years.

13. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

If you think someone offended you, forgive them. If you think they continually offend you, turn your cheek, and forgive them all the more. Give grace. Jesus was never offended in anything they did to Him, He said forgive them Father, they don't know what they are doing. The Christ in you is bigger than any offense, if you can deny yourself.:godisgood:

14. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Luke are you serious? You are the one who seems frustrated because you are getting smashed in debates. You are the one who picks fights with anyone who disagrees with you. You are the one who whines when someone resorts to name calling or even insinuates your lack of intelligence. (You seem to take the attitude that you are the only one who is justified to call names and be arrogant)

Now you call for the BB to be run the way that you demand? Surely the main reason you come here is just stirr up whatever you can. If you are indeed a pastor, I really wonder if you act this way to your congregation? If you do ----------- never mind you don't. There can not be that many people in one place who are lacking enough mentally to put up with the actions you have displayed on this board.

I kinda thought at first you were over enthusiastic but I am starting to see that you are a little kid just trying to bully those who will not be bullied and this frustrates you.

Get over your anger or all you will continue to be is a Legend in your own mind.

I am praying for you and will continue to pray for you even if I end up putting you on ignore for a while.

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

God bless you John. I am terribly sorry that you have so poorly misjudged the situation here.

Thinking people can read this and see that DHK has it out for me and that he is failing miserably to make any solid arguments which are able to stand up to the least bit of scrutiny.

I do not get frustrated by arguments that you or DHK make.

I get frustrated at your relentless attempts at insulting and demeaning me.

I think if intelligent people were honest they'd make a few observations about our exchanges.

1- Luke needs to chill and not be so defensive and aggressive. He has good points but he comes off bad some times and taints his good arguments with the way he makes them.

2- DHK and John Toppass have a personal problem with luke. It is obvious he sets them off and they lack the restraint to behave appropriately when engaging him. John pursues Luke over a few different threads and has said some pretty rotten things about him. DHK has done so lately as well.

3- Luke is not dumb. He is probably not at ALL intimidated by the intellect of DHK and John Toppass. Whether I agree with his position or not he is certainly making the better arguments.

4- As a moderator, DHK needs to be less personal in his assaults. Better is expected of him because of the position he holds.

I think, John, that is what objective, intelligent people would conclude about my exchanges with you and DHK and Winman and a few others.

I am at fault- but you are too and you can't see it.

This is the weakness of these kinds of exchanges. We can't arm wrestle and settle it. So the words have to get nastier and nastier if we are to win the urinating contest. You nor DHK nor I have displayed the spiritual maturity to back off and let the other have his way for the sake of peace.

Because, John, be honest, your post is not an argument for anything. It is a futile attempt to humble me. YOU cannot do it. You have disqualified yourself from being able to help me.

Quantum may still be able to give some help. Some other guys who might want to remain unnamed most assuredly will be able to help me.

But YOU cannot. You have been too insulting. So has DHK and a few others.

I think it is clear that help is not the motive behind what you say anyway- it is to cut down and break. Listen to me John- YOU can't do it. You can not do it on this thread and you could not do it in person. You are not able. I know that frustrates you- but it is a fact that you need to face or we are never going to get past this.

Some godly soul with patience and willingness to invest a little time in me will be able to help- but not you and not DHK.

So why keep trying? Think about it. What is the motive for continuing this charade?

The only answer is hatefulness.

God bless!

Hope that smoked meat was good at Christmas dinner! I bet it was- you look the part of quite the Texan barbecue grill master.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

#115 Luke2427, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Powerful thoughts, and oh so difficult for us, isnt it? May we (I) remember this!!!!

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and you claim you are not arrogant.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never claimed to be the debate nazi, but you sure try to play the role, don't you?
    The irony is you have no problem answering questions you think you have the answers to...but evade, deflect and go on the attack when you cannot using the very "logic" you are so apt to claim. Talk about an emotional handicap.

One thing is true about your post...you make arguments.

..and I believe in "the elect", but I will do so in a consistent manner. I know you cannot deal with the inconsistent position your theolgy demands, hence that is why you evade from the subject. You cannot tell your son in any kind of truthfulness that Jesus loves him. You can guess, tell him you hope so, or lie...but you cannot truthfully say that.

I can.

19. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell me you really don't want my HONEST opinion on this, Luke. Cause ^^that^^ ain't it.

:laugh:

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You forgot to talk in the third person :laugh: