1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured free will vs. election???????

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by awaken, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Then you don't believe Jesus ACTUALLY paid for anything.

If you pay the judge for a man's fine for the crime he committed, whether the criminal "accepts" it or not, he CANNOT go to jail for the crime that has been paid for. Plain and simple. Either justice is TRULY satisfied or it is not.

So the question is did Jesus TRULY satisfy the justice of God for EVERY sinner?

If he ACTUALLY paid the fine- then that's it. It is done. The man cannot go to hell for sins that have paid for.

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

If you tell the man that paid the fine...thanks but no thanks! I will work my own way out! That is refusing his payment!

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

through 1 man(Christ) ALL SHALL BE MADE RIGHTEOUS. Romans 5-19

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Then you are not actually PAYING the fine. Do you see?

You are not paying the fine. You are saying that Jesus ACTUALLY paid the fine.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well, at least God was first. I fear too many Calvinist would be more fearful of offending Calvin.

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

If someone refuses the payment that was offered to pay the fine! ANd choses to work toward the payment himself. Then they refused it/Jesus payment! Jesus offered the same for all! But not all accepted his sacrifice on their behalf. They are trying to do it their way..works!

And you are right! If we do not accept Jesus payment for the fine! We will never be able to pay the price ourself! So we are doomed forever!

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

"Therefore as by the offense of one judgement came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life"

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

This question still bothers me in regards to election...
    Why must we preach the gospel in order for people to be saved? If man plays no part at all in his conversion, why must he hear the gospel to be saved, as Paul says he must in Romans 10:14?

Will the persuasive preaching in the world make a bit of difference in the saving of anyone if we think as the "election" think? Wouldn't even the attempt to persuade someone be an attack on God’s supposed sovereign grace in salvation? To believe as some teach here... wouldn't that implies that salvation rests, in part, on the hearer and also rests, in part, on the preacher?

Can our preaching have any persuasive power over one who is totally depraved?

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Because it was God's plan.
    1 Cor 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

According to God, yes. We are all totally depraved until God cleans us up.

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Will anybody other than satan and his angels spend eternity in the lake of fire?

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

13. Herald

Herald New Member

Could Revelation 20:15 be any clearer?

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

HW keeps saying what I consider to universalism, and that no one will die lost, imo. He's advocating the ME doctrine, and that christians will suffer in hell, even if for 1,000 years. Now, I am "amill" to the core, so the MK doctrine is something I don't agree with, whatsoever. But to say that some christians will suffer torment in hell, is unfathomable.

IOW, I was directing that question towards him. Sorry about the cornfusion.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

^^This could be akin to the "serpent seed doctrine" that states that Eve and Lucifer had intercourse and then Adam and Eve. Abel was the son of Adam and Cain was the son of Lucifer. Those who fell in Adam, and subsequently, Abel, Christ atoned for, and those who were after the lineage of Cain, are the non-elect, period. He is quite hard to peg. Is he an ME'er, or is he a "serpent seeder", or a hybrid of both?

And these are just three posts of his that he has been throwing around here.

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

all I have given that you post is plain scripture that plainly states what I posted--because you reject God's word--you try and come up with utter foolishness that I never posted or do not even believe.

here again you are as the scribes of Christ day that would try and trap him in words or deeds,and try and prove that what he was saying was against the law of moses and against God,but you do nothing but spit out utter foolishness of things I never say--because you are so confused inside,you know nothing else to do but just that--Bless you brother :tear::tear:

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

didn't mean that in a rude way amy--but you never answered the questions I did ask before leaving the conversation is all--Bless you :love2::love2:

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I believe that people will die being unbelievers

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You don't get it.

Stop with the silly exclamations points and listen, ok?

You are saying that Jesus PAID for the sins of the world, right?

Yes.

Who did he pay for our sins?

Yes, yes, I know WHAT he paid for our sins- obviously. WHO, WHO did he pay?

Did he ACTUALLY pay for our sins?

You say he DID actually pay for our sins.

Then in the illustration about the judge being paid the fine, you keep saying, "But if we don't accept it..."

If we can REFUSE... listen carefully here... if we can REFUSE the payment, then the payment... don't miss this part... IS NOT ACTUALLY PAID.

So, then you do not REALLY believe that Jesus ACTUALLY paid for everybody's sins.

Can you not see that??

#439 Luke2427, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No, I see your posts as "guises" so that you won't out and out say you're a ME'er. I don't, nor have I ever, rejected God's Word. I reject YOUR misapplication of how to handle them.

Again, with a "yes or "no", are you a ME'er? This isn't a hard question, so it should be easy for you to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.