1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freedom/Foreknowledge and Molinism

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Brandon C. Jones, May 20, 2005.

1. rc

rc New Member

I'm glad you disagree (again) with church fathers... it shows me I'm on the right side....

Keep going with your "philosophies" Wes... I guess "since it was a MAN dominated history" that all the "he's" should be taken out and should just be "God" since God isn't a "he" ... that's a good PHILOSOPHY also... or middle knowledge ... good philosophy... NOT in scripture or the best philosophy that humans have ever created.... humanistic libertarian free will!! Right out of the good ol pages of the Greek philosophers and Pelagius.... but I prefer God's word, which is not a philosophy, but the LIVING Word of God.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Oddly, we both agree that the Bible is the Living Word of God, yet we cannot agree on the truth contained therein.

Who do you refer to specifically with the term "church fathers"? If it is the Apostles, your accusation against me couldn't be farther from the truth.

If it is someone of a later era, then it is possible that you are right, because they like me have only the written word of God to work with, and like you and I disagree, I'm sure they and I too would disagree.

If you are speaking of modern day 'church men' then the same thing applies. They receive from scriptures what they do, I receive from scriptures what I do, neither has an advantage.

The masculine is used for God, because that is the way it is! No that does not mean that God is male in Gender from all eternity, but he does describe Himself as "father" and in all of our languages, father is masculine. Simple isn't it?

The Word of God is my source of LIFE! I have no contact with any other "church fathers".