1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Freedom of the will

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jul 9, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is all on record. Should I go back and find our debates and provide the evidence? I have done this before concerning your denial of the legitimacy of Matthew's account "There is none good but one and that is God." We proved that every objection you made to these words was absolutely false but did you repent? No! Neither would you acknowledge the facts or repent here.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Maybe God wills you to think that you have free will.

God causes good and God causes evil. So says God as quoted in the Bible.

Most American courts require a witness to tell the whole truth, as if THAT was possible. The problems in the Bible are caused by God telling the truth but not the whole truth.

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I don't care what you do. You are irrelevant.

About Matthew's account -- you must have me mixed up with someone else about that.

I have nothing to repent of because if it's not fact, I don't post it.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God gave us free will to choose Him and love Him. He wants us to choose Him. God does not force anyone to love Him.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.

God says man knows good and evil. This shows that man can make choices.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Of course we don't have ABSOLUTE free will...I cannot will myself to become a sinless, perfect person.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Isn't that statement the epitomy of a personal attack? What I say may be irrelevant because I may have confused you with another person in regard to the discussion on Mathew 19:17. However, to say a person is "irrelevant" is quite another charge altogether.

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Yes, and that is not what I meant to say. I meant to say that your opinion is irrelevant, but when I later went back and read my post and saw what I had written, it was too late to edit it. I felt bad about that and was actually going to post about it. I don't know if you believe me, but that is true.

I don't think any person is irrelevant, no mater how much I disagree with them, or what they think of me.

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Very good!

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    even worse then that is that you cannot 'will yourself" to come to jesus by yourself and get saved!

10. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have it
    Angels have it
    I doubt we ever lose it...in heaven however, it may be something which has no meaning or purpose. There may be little or no way to exercise such a thing. I do not see us, in heaven, as having contrary choices to make. God reserves the right to disallow the use of or to interfere with free willed choices at will and I believe he does indeed do so. We don't ALWAYS have to power to make contrary choices in all situations I think.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Of course, we can, after hearing the powerful, hopeful message of the good news of our Creator.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    how can a person whose very sin nature is at war with God Himself, unable to even accept that he is the Lord, suddenly desire to come to jesus to get saved?