1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From the Hurricane's Path - Our Music Minister's family

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Sep 27, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dean is our associate pastor, and our music minister. His family was hit by one of the hurricanes. This letter came today, I assume it must be from his wife though it had his signature. Please pray for them.

My dearest friends:
    Again, my deepest and most sincere thanks and appreciation are extended to you for your generosity this week. Those gifts are being used right now to purchase much needed emergency supply-relief for my family. Thank you so much for the cash. I cannot begin to tell you how much it is appreciated and so vitally needed.
    Here is where we are at the moment (long story short):
    · Sulphur, LA and surrounding areas devastated
    · Homes of parents and sister - tremendous damage - collapsed ceilings, water-ruined walls, outside buildings blown away and/or severely damaged, broken water pipes, tree-damage
    · Greatly concerned about looters with homes and a large home-shop filled with thousands of $ of tools, tractors, recreational equipment, etc…
    · Military would not allow us in on Monday (Sept. 26)
    · Awaiting the all-clear to go to Sulphur to begin work
    · Making additional purchases and preparation today to leave within the next several days (we pray)
    Please continue to support us in prayer. This is a place that we've never been before. God is with us. We praise Him for the way He is providing - unexpected…supernatural…that's just how God works!
    I love you all,