1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fundamental Baptist Fellowship (FBF) mocks KJVOs

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would add B.M. Cedarholm to the list above, though he would have considered himself a TR man rather than a KJVO. However, his graciousness would not have allowed him to take an unkind position on the matter. And that would get him into trouble these days.

2. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I agree. And you could add to that list the "holy triumvirate" of historic baptist fundamentalism, W.B. Riley, T.T. Shields, and J. Frank Norris. What all too many fundamentalists of today have forgotten is summed up by John 13:35 and 2 Peter 1:7. :(

3. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Yes, Go read Cloud's original statement about Kevin Bauder and his trip to a conference at Beeson Divinity School. When confronted on this issue, he admitted he didn't have all the information, then essentially repeated the same type of unfounded charges he originally gave.</font>[/QUOTE]Right on the money, Pastor Larry. Thanks for beating me to the punch. I don't know if the articles are still on Cloud's web site, but I read them myself a couple months ago.

I've also talked with Dr. Bauder personally a little, heard the tape of his presentation at Beeson, and spoken extensively with friends who've spent more time in conversation with him than I have.

Dr. Bauder is thoroughly fundamental, and a strong Baptist. He speaks out vehemently for both of those sets of beliefs. He is also a thorough, honest, top-notch scholar who takes the time to research his opponents' views and represent them fairly before he trashes them biblically.

Cloud would be wise to take a lesson.

4. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Amen to that Thomas. :cool:

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And to be absolutly fair about matters, we need to add Clearwaters, Ketchum, and the Wenigar brothers. To accuse any of this crowd of not being a fundamentalist, is, well,.....

6. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

I understand the intended spirit of your post, but I'm not sure we should use the word "holy" and the name "J. Frank Norris" in the same sentence.

7. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Amen! Richard Clearwaters was my teacher and mentor, and Bob Ketchum was a true fundamentalist if there ever was one! The Wenigar brothers did a masterful job of deliniating exactly what fundamentalism really is. I heard one of the last messages Arno Q. preached at an FBF meeting just before he went home to glory. Even though advanced in age, and needed a bit of help to climb the stairs to the pulpit, when he got there it was well worth the wait! [​IMG]