1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Funstatic Friday

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Salty, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith Baptist would covet your prayers for this weekend.

Our church was founded about 2 years ago. We have average less than 10 per week, with virtually no children at all.

This Friday ( Jun 19) we will be sponsoring "Funtastic Friday" for kids in grades 3-8. The activities will be similar to AWANA. We are seeking Gods will in ministering to the kids in the area, and thereby having an inroad to their homes.

Also, yesterday, I taught a driving class. I use our church faculties. One young man stayed after class for over one hour, as we discussed spiritual matters. He was raised a Catholic, and force to attend church. He is honestly seeking the truth. Please pray that Fred will attend our services soon.

Also, today, as I was passing out brouchers for Funastic Friday, I met a man and his son. We spoke for a few minutes. He told me that he is a member of a Baptist church a few miles away. However, he has not attended for several months. it appears he has some issues to work out. He did seem to be interested in attending Faith Bap, which is just a few blocks from his home. Please pray that Peter will no longer "forsake the assembly of ourselves together"

In Christ,
    Salty

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that the Lord will be glorified and many
    young people will give their lives to the Lord
    as their Savior and Lord of their lives!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Your church and you and the people you can reach to are in my prayers.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How the Lord put all the pieces together tonight!!

Allow me to give a little background.

Last September the Lord led Linda to visit and join our church. Her daughter and son-in-law (Jim & Katy) attend a nearby Ind Bap church (which is ok, of course)

Tonight we hosted Funtastic Friday. Linda brought Jim and Katy tonight to help out with their two children.
    Well, the program was suppose to start at 6 pm - no one showed up. So Mrs Salty took Jim's son out to find some kids. Well, they found three tweens playing basketball. Yes, they did come (I think they liked the ideal of pizza. Well, we got talking to the kids, and they said they went Camillus Jr High. It just so happened that Jim had attended their also - come to find out that Devon's (one of the tweens) dad (Tom)had been best friends with Jim!
    At 9 pm, Devon's dad showed up and renewed his friendship with Jim. Lets go a step further, Tom had for several years been living a life pleasing to the devil. About a year ago, he started seeking the Lord -has been reading the Bible daily.
    Well, he told us, his family will be in Sunday School this week!! :thumbsup::godisgood: And then the mom of the other boy plans to start attending in a couple of weeks when she gets Sundays off.
    (The third boy attends a Vineyard church.)

Now my prayer request is that the Lord will bless my message this Sunday.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: the Lord will use your message and you give out the Word of God and may it fall on open hearts for the Lord!

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We plan to have another FF the last Friday of Aug

7. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you seen some results over the summer because of your FF?

They sound like a good idea!