1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay Tea Party Founder: If We Redefine Marriage, ‘We’re Going to Redefine Children’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three opponents of same-sex “marriage” spoke at the conservative Heritage Foundation on Monday, including the gay co-founder of the National Capital Tea Party Patriots who argued that children are entitled to a biological mother and a father, and that if the government seeks to redefine marriage to include homosexual couples, it will necessarily also be redefining children.

“The redefining of marriage, quite frankly I think it’s nuts,” said Doug Mainwaring, co-founder of the National Capital Tea Party Patriots and a homosexual. “Being gay, I’ve had a long time to consider this, look at it.”

“I used to be pro-same-sex marriage but the more I thought about it, it occurred to me, this just isn’t right,” he said. “Marriage is the most successful institution that civilization has produced over the last few millennia, and we shouldn’t mess with it. If we attempt to redefine marriage, we’re going to redefine children in the same way. In fact, I prefer to use the term ‘undefine’.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gay...define-marriage-we-re-going-redefine-children

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All civil law has its roots in marriage. Attempt to redefine it, and by default everything else is redefined.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I think you all are right, our government is messing with a fundamental issue that will change America in greater ways than they think. Remember Obama said he wanted to fundamentally change America, well it looks like he's getting what he wants. I don't think we will recognize America in 10 years. Heck..I don't recognize it now.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    this gay guy has his head on his shoulders, with a brain in it.