1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gen Sheehan and homosexu@ls

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I heard reports on television news that a recent study showed that having gays serve openly would not hurt the effectiveness of the military. However, the Commandant of the Marine Corp said he was against doing away with DADT. My contention is that since this comprises a lot less than the rest of the military, including the Army, it should have less significance in the decision of whether or not to continue DADT.

I would rather work with someone who is not living a lie trying to deceive everyone else. It seldom works anyway, people you are around usually figure you out. It's not that I agree with the gay lifestyle, I don't. But making people live a hypocritical life, especially in the military, does not seem to be the best way to deal with this problem.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those in the military under DADT are not living a lie. They have never been asked - as the policy requires. Most MOS's require a security clearance - which in laymens terms can you keep a secret - well actually the DADT's may be some of the best individuals for a security clearance!

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I'm through with you on this thread. Think what you want, I don't give a...well, I don't care!