1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

General Electric Workers Protest Vaccine Mandate

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dozens of General Electric employees staged a walk-out over the company’s vaccine mandate.

More than 200 employees in New York protested on Friday against the company’s vaccine mandate. This comes after roughly 150 workers lined up outside of the General Electric facility in South Carolina Thursday.

GE said all its staff members must comply with the federal mandate and get vaccinated by Dec. 8. However, some of the protestors have said this isn’t about the actual vaccine, but rather about their personal rights.

“They’re not anti-vaccine, and we point that out in the letter too. They’re not anti-science, they are folks who want to have the ability to make a choice as to whether or not they take one of the COVID-19 vaccines,” said Attorney James Lawrence. “It’s a pro-individual freedom, pro-bodily autonomy position.”

General Electric workers protest vaccine mandate

• Like Like x 2
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can draw unemployment while they look for their next job. :Wink

3. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe in punishing people who do not trust the jab. People have died taking the jab. Had they not taken it they would still be alive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I believe a business owner has the right to make all decisions concerning his business within the confines of the law. I do not believe a person has an entitlement to any particular employment so it cannot be punishment.

For every decision there are consequences. For the business owner it may be a safer work environment, a loss of employees, or a loss of customers. For the employee it could be compromising and getting an immunization he does not truly want or losing a job.

But the business owner has the right to run his business and the employee has the right to meet or reject conditions of employment.

We should not have to pay for an employee's decision. But that is what they want. To strip the freedoms over private businesses or to force the nation to provide charity so they do not have to work.

5. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are discriminating against people's basic freedom. If someone dies they should be allowed to sue them at the very least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they are not.

People have the basic freedom to make their health decisions. But people also have the basic freedom to make decisions regarding their own property/ business as long as it is legal.

Businesses can discriminate. They cannot discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin.

In the United States covid has been determined a workplace hazard. The three avaliable vaccines have proven statistically safe (risks of vacvine vs risks of virus) and effective (functional immunity, resistance to infection, minimalization of effects).

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes they are and osha has ruled that if an employer mandates the jab then any I’ll side effects will be the employers responsibility. They will be able to file work comp

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. If an employee is injured because of a workplace condition they draw workman's compensation.

And yes, the employer is being discriminative regarding people who meet conditions of employment. This is always done. But it is not illegal discrimination and it is not discriminating against freedom. People do not have the right to be employed by any particular employer.

9. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People's health and body are not a business' property.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A disease with a 98% survival rate is a workplace hazzard? That's just stupid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They would only be alive still if God had not appointed for them to die after being vaccinated, which obviously He did.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. I am all in favor of people being vaccinated(I am, including having gotten my flu shot last week) unless they have a medical condition, such as being immunocompromised, that may cause their doctor to recommend against being vaccinated; however, I have reached the conclusion that the vaccine mandate is causing too much anger and hatred between people. I think persuasion should be the tool used, just like is done to discourage the use of certain drugs, vaping, and smoking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep in mind that the government is just a really big business. When they, or any other business, can mandate what happens within the perimeter of our skin, we become nothing better than cattle. There is a line beyond which my right to autonomy becomes absolute.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did not appoint them to die. The people who created the virus and really those who released it appointed people to die. Had they not released it it would be pointless to get a jab from it. God did not release covid nor mandate us to get the jab.

#14 Conan, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They took 1/2 day sick days

it’s all good

big puff of wind

16. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Who did appoint them to die?

they did die right?

who did release Corona? Obviously, God had the final say right?

17. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible clearly teaches that God Himself unleashes judgement upon nations right?

• Like Like x 1
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it should be treated like smoking. Some employers prohibit smoking, others do not. The federal government should not mandate vaccinations (except for federal employments and facilities....then that's their business).

I work in at a DOE site. We have list 16 this year to covid (unvaccinated) and there have been a lot out for covid with the uncaccunated having more severe symptoms and having to take more time off. So I get employers getting to make decisions regarding conditions of employment.

With children, we have had several die of covid, and there over 19,000 children have been hospitalized for covid.

But I am against a general mandate.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lots of people, even among those who call themselves Christians, refuse to acknowledge that God is absolutely sovereign over everything. We corrupt human beings, even among the elect before God regenerates them and gives them a new heart so that they can believe and repent, think that they are in control, that they have the say so as to how things happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like the Calvinism/Arminianism debate just spilled over into the wrong thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1