1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Genesis: Paradise Lost (theatrical trailer)

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by KenH, Oct 3, 2017.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Ken! I have noted the date for this film. It is playing in two adjoining suburbs to me so I might be able to catch it, perhaps in 3-D.

Did you ever hear what preacher and evangelist B. R. Lakin (1901 - 1984), a friend of Jerry Falwell, said about evolution in a sermon entitled Why I Know There Is A God?

My niece came home from college one day and said to me, "My professor said that Jesus couldn't have been born of a human mother without a human father. That was a biological impossibility." I said, "Let me tell you what to do. You tell your little possum-headed professor that your uncle said the first man that ever got in this world got here without either father or mother. If God wanted to send His Son born of a human mother without a human father He could and did do it."

The next day she came back to explain how the first germ came from another planet. I asked, "Where did the germ come from?" Life has never been generated from dead matter. Her professor claimed that the first germ came on a meteor. I said, "Honey, don't you know a meteor is a blazing ball of fire? How would a germ live in that?"

But she said, "The theory of evolution is the only sane explanation."

That's the most insane thing I've ever heard! To be an evolutionist you'd have to switch your brain out of reason and throw it into neutral. Listen to what they say. Way back yonder sometime, somewhere, somehow, nobody knows when, how, where, or why, nothing got in nothing and nothing formed a something. A germ got in the water somehow. Then the water developed it into a tadpole and one day the tadpole swam to another bank and got stuck in the mud and dried there. Wriggling around in the mud, he formed warts on his belly that later became legs. After he developed legs he was climbing through the trees one day when his foot slipped. As he fell he wrapped his tail around a limb. The jar of it broke off his tail. He hit the ground, stood up on his hind feet, walked across the street, bought him a suit of clothes, went to teaching in the university and said, "Thank God I'm a man at last!"

http://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1039&context=towns_articles

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crystal Bernard of TV's Happy Days and Wings recorded the "Monkey Song" with her sister at Falwell's church:

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that there will be a showing not only on Monday (11/13) but also on Thursday (11/16), an encore showing. I hope to see it in 3D.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got to see the movie today in a packed theater. It was very good. Not only did it show the six days of creation but it also used several Creation scientists to illustrate how evolution and big-bang theory (millions of years) violated scientific law. For example, even evolutionist are admitting privately that birds did not evolve from dinosaurs as they have been teaching. The scientists noted that the order of creation as given by Genesis contradicts the order given by evolutionists. For example, plants were created before the sun--if this is just a twelve-hour wait until morning when the sun was created, then plants will do just fine. If it is millions and billions of years between plants and the sun, then the plants are all dead. So the individual can either believe Genesis and God or he can believe evolution and big bang.

The first speaker in the film was Dr. Terry Mortensen, whom I saw in person recently at a lunchtime lecture at the Creation Museum Legacy Hall. At the time, I did not realize that he was going to be in the movie. Dr. Mortensen not only has a PhD in geology but he also has an MDiv. There were several others from Answers in Genesis, including Ken Ham. Also, Eric Hovind and Ray Comfort appeared, among many others.

Empirical science and historical science are against the notions of evolution, which seem very far-fetched as time marches on, and against the notions of big-bang, which cannot explain the origin of the stars, as the movie points out. Indeed, the scientific facts arrayed against naturalism, or materialism, are so numerous that I cannot even precisely recall all of the discoveries listed and explained in the movie which support the idea of a Young Earth and a six-day Creation. I think that evolution is dead in the water and big bang cannot bear close examination either. That does not mean that Americans are not stuck on stupid--my thought, not part of the movie.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good news! The movie is making another encore showing on Monday, December 11, 2017. Tickets go on sale on Friday, December 1, 2017, so it is unclear which theaters will be showing this second encore. Check the website on Friday:

Genesis: Paradise Lost | One Final Encore December 11