1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

George Floyd: "Rioting not what my brother was about.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jun 1, 2020.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    George Floyd’s Brother: Rioting Is 'Not What My Brother Was About'

ROBIN ROBERTS: [George Floyd] would appreciate that the majority of the protests have been peaceful, but as you know, it’s being overshadowed by those who are exploiting the protests. Are you and the family concerned that will take away from the message, the call for justice for your family, and in this country?

TERRENCE FLOYD: Yes, I do feel like it’s overshadowing what’s going on. Because like I said, he was about peace. He was about unity. But the things transpiring now, they may call it unity, but it’s destructive unity. That’s not what my brother was about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have had three nights of protests, but none of riots. No violence, no property damage. (I'll add "so far"). What is the difference between areas (why does one area get so out of hand when others protest appropriately?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    about 20 business in Syracuse were looted,
    in addition- several blocks of main streets were filled with protesters.

Blocking traffic is NOT peaceful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Indianapolis police were probably ordered to stand down. Now they have a curfew in Indianapolis. Indianapolis has a huge population living downtown, the majority of whom are wealthy sodomites with time to attend any and all demonstrations so the crowds organized on their street. They vandalized 30 businesses. They looted a CVS and even tore up a Fed Ex store. They tried for a luxury jewelry store but only broke a window as far as I know. They vandalized monuments. Downtown Indianapolis will be the next 25 years trying to lease surplus office space. Just a lot of worthless white elephants.

He might have gotten a counterfeit bill innocently. I wouldn't recognize one myself.

#4 church mouse guy, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    strange you cant go into a restaurant to eat but you are given free reign to go in and burn it down (in sanctuary cities)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An Indianapolis policeman was struck by a ricocheting bullet but it was stopped by his Kevlar helmet an inch away from his eye. I am totally disgusted with the Mayor of Indianapolis Joe Hogsett, an Evan Bayh ally, for not clamping down immediately on the downtown riots. The thugs tried to assault the Indianapolis Police Headquarters downtown.