1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GI's and Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, May 28, 2017.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I joined up in 1979 for others reasons than just the pay. I was an idealist and wanted to serve out of patriotism. I also wanted to escape memories of childhood I wasn't very proud of. I needed discipline in my life and wanted to be a man. Lesser reasons were seeing the world and accomplishing something in life. I will say that by the end of my enlistment I was making very good money. I was making $905.70 per month as an E-5. In addition, I earned airborne pay, hazardous duty pay, and TDY pay. I actually earned less money once I went to the private sector. Like anything else in life, you have to show initiative and take advantage of opportunities. I knew I could fast track promotion and earn more money if I volunteered for airborne, so that's what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When the government gives stuff out, people will take it regardless whether they really need it. If I was getting food stamps then that would leave me with money that I could use for other things, and our service members then do the same thing.

#22 Adonia, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1