1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Give me grace for my church leadership

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 6, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As per usual.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has anyone else noticed that Evan has escalated the size of the animals that people need to get cozy with? Rabbits, then kangaroos, now donkeys. Soon it will be hippopotamuses, elephants, whales, and finally brontosauruses.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Publically criticizing your wife is not loving her as Christ loves the church. When you are not fulfilling your role as husband, (as you are neither showing love to her, nor being the spiritual leader in the home) you have no right to criticize her for not fulfilling her role. Focus on what you need to do to make your marriage work.

Of course the bigger questions is why did you marry her, knowing that you disagree with what she believes, and the church she goes to? If you had listened to wise counsel you could have avoided this.

So you have 2 choice now, you either submit to the church you are in and stop gossipping about the church publicly, stop trying to confront the pastor when you are outside of Biblical guidelines to do so. (1 Tim 5:17-19 17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.” 19 Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses) and stop publicly bad mouthing your wife, Or you can become the spiritual leader (which also will require you to stop publicly bad mouthing your wife) and lead your wife to a church more of your liking.

Also I agree that Padre gave you some good advice, and I'm a Calvinist. His advice had nothing to do with the Calvinist/ Arminian debate.

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Well, Evan, are you going to accept the advice offered you? Padre's advice is very sound, whether you agree with his soteriology or not.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jordan told me once that most here are not very edifying. I would agree with that statement.

6. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

In other words, you're not going to accept the advice provided you, but will carry on your merry, confrontational, ill-advised way.

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect that the use of the donkey is his way of calling someone a jackass.

8. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I do not believe you understand biblical edification as opposed to positive feedback.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Edification is as much, if not more, a personal and internal issue. I have learned much from this forum. I have also learned from and about you. Biblical edification is a conscious decision to take what is said, weigh it with scripture, and apply what rings true. If you cannot find much edifying on this thread, then I think perhaps you need to look at yourself and not others.

10. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems that you think that about most boards you are on. You have come back here after trying out other boards (and then getting banned from them)to complain how not edifying there were. What is the common denominator with all those boards? I'll give you hint its not their edification or lack there of.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't doubt that, but your posting history shows her husband is unappreciative and somewhat less than wonderful.

So?

I think maybe it's time you got to know the hind feet of one. :type:

12. Servent

Servent Member

You sure your not smokin some of that wacky weed there in Co. You were give sound advice, you would do well to listen.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I need another Mikes. SIKE!!!!!!

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh for the love of all. I will read Padres post again for I may have missed something.

15. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

It saddens me that you are so hesitant and reluctant to read over sound advice. Remember, Evan, edification does not simply mean positive feedback or a pat on the back for doing a good job.

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That seems like part of the problem.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is "SIKE"? Did he mean "psych"? Or is that a new slang term I'm unfamiliar with?

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats another thing......dump that Mikes stuff and drink a good beer....you live in Colorado don't you.....explore some microbrews and grow some hair (or is that hare) on your .... well, you know what's.:tongue3:

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe...."yikes "

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on....sweet lemonade with a drop of alcohol ....you cant be serious!