1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Global Warming - Contradicted again

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/23/warm_period_little_ice_age_global/

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I opened my pool last week (before March 15th)! This was the first winter I bought my eight year old son a sled (and his first winter without snow).

I never really bought into global warming, but now I think I may like it better - I don't know about 350 years of this. Can't afford the pool chemicles.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

How much has the temps risen

The temps are 0.6 degrees since the low temps of the mini ice age (1850 till present). Almost all of that happened from 1850 until 1938.

From 1938 until 1979 we saw 0.3 degrees of decline. Then temps went upward by 0.4 until 1998. From 1998 until present we have seen a slight decline of about 0.1 to 0.2 depending on which algorithms you settle on.

If we go from 1938 until present we are about zero increase. !998 and 1938 were just about tied as far as temps go. We have not seen those highs again since 1998, although some new algorithms are claiming we made a mistake on satellite temps in 2005 and that was also a tied year for temp. with 1998.

The best answer is 0.0 degrees C.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_has_the_earth_warmed_in_75_years

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know who put this information on Wiki.answers but it does not jive with other web sites I have checked and I have checked a bunch of them.

Here is one quote: