1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Go out in Jesus Name

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Cathode, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Jesus Name you will conquer. His Name is above all other names.

Make Jesus your heart beat, what you speak with your mouth, will live in your Heart.

Jesus I Love You, Jesus I Trust You. Say it till you feel the Joy, that Joy is His Eternal Strength and Youth and Confidence. Jesus is always powerful, positive, new and youthful.

Darkness can not stand near Him. People manifest their demons and fall on the ground at His Name. Jesus is claiming many from the dark for His Glory. They are being healed and sent.

Greater things shall you do, you have His Holy Name, if you have nothing else, you have His Holy Name.

“Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered.”

Go out in Jesus Name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”

“when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”

We must have interior personal time with God to go out with His power.

Fasting is Sacrifice, subordinate sacrifice, but joined with Jesus great sacrifice it has great power.
    Fasting is self denial, which makes more space for Jesus in us. Less self, more Jesus.

People ask “where are the miracles these days “ , when they should be asking where is the fasting these days.

If there is less self, then there is more Love, and more power, it takes over, because Jesus takes over.

We can fast from many things, get inventive even, comforts, or any other way we indulge self. If it denies self, you can make sacrifices to God with them. This is only between you and God in secret.

Obedience is greater than other sacrifices, because it directly assaults self will. So preferring to do the will of others, so long as it is not sinful or harmful, is an excellent way to crucify self, especially as you might desperately desire to do something else. But you can make this very potent sacrifice in secret to the Father every day.
    We can make a living sacrifice of our days to The Father with and through Jesus.

You are not going out in your own name, self will, and your own power, you are going out in His Name, His Will, and His Power.

Many sacrifice to receive worldly glory, wealth or power, but our sacrifices are known only to The Father in secret.

“and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you“

When The Father sees sacrifice, He sees His Son, sacrifice claims Sonship and all that belongs to The Father is granted to The Son.

3. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Every day is a table prepared for us by The Lord.

Every ray of light, everything comes to us from His Love and Order.

Sloth is not merely idleness, it is doing anything other than your duty for your state in life, which is His Will and Order for you.

You have a spouse granted to you by The Father’s Great Goodness, ask that you are as attentive and loving as Jesus. That Jesus serves in your serving, Loves in your loving. However you feel doesn’t matter, Jesus Love will radiate out despite you.

You have children or grandchildren granted to you by The Father’s Great Goodness, ask that you are as attentive and loving as Jesus. That Jesus serves in your serving. Loves in your loving. However you feel doesn’t matter, Jesus Love will radiate out despite you.

Whatever your duties and state in life, there you will find Jesus in The Will of The Father.

Nothing is so small or insignificant, not one love done will be unremembered.

There is no wasted time carrying out your duty in life, that is God’s Will for you, and your Joy will flow from fulfilling His purpose.

At handover each morning say Jesus I love you, Jesus I trust you, you takeover. I don’t know how to live life to the full, you live in me you Reign in me.

Just say things from your heart, and trust the day to Him.

4. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean in 'SECRET" like when those in the rc denomination have ashes put on their foreheads for ash Wednesday so others may know that they are 'holy' rc's and are beginning their fasting for the 40 days of lent?

5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “ And the Lord said to him: Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem: and mark Thau upon the foreheads of the men that sigh, and mourn for all the abominations that are committed in the midst thereof.“

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The sign of the cross showed by the picture above is a gesture for false Christians guided by the Roman Catholic Church that rides upon the Beast of Rome, that consists of tracing a cross with the RIGHT HAND, touching the forehead,
    chest, left shoulder and right shoulder, in LITERAL fulfillment of Revelation 13:16-18: that was written in the first century.

16 And the Beast causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their RIGHT hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And (very soon, after the election of the next and last Pope) no man may buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the NAME of the Beast, or the NUMBER of his NAME.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding COUNT the NUMBER of the Beast: for IT IS the number OF A MAN; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. ->666<-

Get ready

Revelation 21:8
    8 But the idolaters, and abominable, and fearful(cowards), and unbelieving, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone(the hell's fire): which is the second death.

The election of the last Pope - Will be his religious nickname Paulus VII? | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

#6 Oseas3, Aug 31, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your ignorance (as most rc's) of God's Word is astounding. It's really not that hard: Why do rc's ignore Christ's Words?

Matthew 6:16-18

“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

So again: Why do those in the rc denomination have ashes put on their foreheads for ash Wednesday so others may know that they are 'holy' rc's and are beginning their fasting for the 40 days of lent?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From the earliest times Christians have made the sign of the cross. Basil the Great tells us that the apostles themselves taught the sign of the cross.

9. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was Basil the Great chosen personally by God Himself as were the Apostles? Are Basil the Great's words infallible?
    I'll stick with God's infallible Words.
    Again, my question was not about 'the sign of the cross'.

Matthew 6:16-18

When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

So again: Why do those in the rc denomination have ashes put on their foreheads for ash Wednesday so others may know that they are 'holy' rc's and are beginning their fasting for the 40 days of lent?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Catholics, Lutherans, Episcopalians, and other Protestants don't wear ashes in order to appear to be pious. Ashes are instead a genuine sign of internal repentance and recognition that the wearer of the ashes comes from dust, and to dust he shall return (Gen. 3:19). Jesus even speaks in a positive way of wearing ashes as a sign of repentance.

11. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you need to wear ashes for all to see to show 'internal' repentance?

With the new covenant, the emphasis is on the heart, not the outward appearance. Ashes and sackcloth are not necessary.

I'll stick with God's infallible Words, not Basil the Great .

Matthew 6:1

1. “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. Otherwise, you have no reward with your Father in heaven."

#11 Mikoo, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Yes, Many Baptists Observe Ash Wednesday Too

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh.....not laughing at your post but about me.

Decades ago I was with friends in San Antonio. All of a sudden I noticed most people walking around with black crosses. It was like a horror movie. We were around old churches and the crosses looked - from a Baptist who watched scary movies as a kid glance - upside down (they weren't). I didn't know whether to try and blend in or run.

As we went into a church so my friends could receive ash on their foreheads I realized it was Ash Wednesday. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It’s not a sign of holiness, it’s a sign that we are sinners in need of repentance.
    John the Baptist made public repentance popular in his time by the baptism of repentance.
    Fasting is done in private, but there is nothing wrong with public signs of repentance.

It’s biblical, read your bible.

#14 Cathode, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  15. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you are saying that the sign of the cross is the mark of the beast.

You are off in the weeds there bro.

16. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need a sign to remind you that you are a sinner and in need a
    of repentance? That is common knowledge for born-again Christians.

Why are those with the ashes on their foreheads making a public repentance for?

What is the purpose of doing it publicly?

17. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why did John the Baptist call for public repentance.?

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12, ". . . Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. . . . "

20. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People voluntarily went to him to hear him preach.
    So I ask again.
    You need a sign to remind you that you are a sinner and in need a
    of repentance? That is common knowledge for born-again Christians.

Why are those with the ashes on their foreheads making a public repentance for?

What is the purpose of doing it publicly?