1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God does not love all mankind

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Forest, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

did God chose to love in a covenant fashion isreal as his own child, at the exclusion of all other nations?

did jesus chose out His Apostles, and EVEN then he chose 3 tobe "extra close" to Him?

Does this not prove God does NOT love all 'equally"

Loves all in general, but has 'special love" towards His covenant peoples?

#81 DaChaser1, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you begging the question? Aren't you assuming that God loves everyone, when that is the question being debated?

You've lost the rational argument, now you attempt to emotionally charge it. This is simply another is-God-responsible-for-the-rape-of-a-child tactic.

Did Isaac love Esau more than did God? Yes.

Did David love Absalom more than did God? Yes.

Is it possible to love someone more than does God? Yes.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

speaking of begging the question. Proof of these ridiculous accusations of humans loving other humans more than God does?

At least we got one hyper admittance. Anyone care to join Error'in?

4. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I just asked you to clarify your argument. You seemed to be saying that a parents love for an unbelieving child is tantamount to a reprobates love for evil things.

Now, regarding God's love for all people...

John Calvin, and many scholarly Calvinists, even believe that God loves everyone. So, the debate point I was making is that you have run right past Calvinism and into a more hyper camp by trying to suggest otherwise.

Oh, were the trophies already handed out? Who got first place? :rolleyes:

Translation = "I don't like when you apply my theological beliefs to real life situations because it reveals our weaknesses. Plus, I'm a macho intellectual Calvinistic alpha male that thinks crying, or pretty much any emotion, is for wimps, women and homos." :smilewinkgrin:

God is love*

*See exceptions below...

Most of humanity

5. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

God judges with righteous judgement, we are not able to do that.

God punishes with righteous pumishment, we are not able to do that.

God loves with righteous love, we are not able to do that.

And most of all, God hates with righeous hate, and we are most certainly not able to do that.

God's hate is righteous, whereas man's hate is selfish.

John

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This sounds good to me......

7. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

God loved the world, heathens, sinners like me that He sent His Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I praise God for those who remained who believed God from the beginning. I also praise God for those who did not continue in their unbelief and was crafted back in, and for those heathens, sinners, dogs like me who heard the Gospel of their salvation having believed that God included them with them.

So much sibling rivalry, but regeneration before faith is ridiculous and is not the Gospel.

"If I am to preach the faith in Christ to a man who is regenerated, then the man, being regenerated, is saved already, and it is an unnecessary and ridiculous thing for me to preach Christ to him, and bid him to believe in order to be saved when he is saved already, being regenerate. Am I only to preach faith to those who have it? Absurd, indeed! Is not this waiting till the man is cured and then bringing him the medicine? This is preaching Christ to the righteous and not to sinners." [Sermon entitled The Warrant of Faith].
    C.H Spurgeon

Hebrews 5:
    7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

#87 psalms109:31, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point exactly. :)

It's more commonly in reference to an 'arrangement' or 'class' or 'category'.

[edit] .....much the same way as we use the word today, i.e., "The World of Basketball", "Sports World", "Women's World", etc.

#88 kyredneck, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
  9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The ones who come to God, knowing that without Him, they'd die eternaly lost. These are the ones He loves. No one coming to the Father, will be cast aside, but He will love them and save them.

10. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Amen. In context those coming to Him are drawn, and are the ones that the Father gave to the Son.

11. 12strings

12strings Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

-Best post yet!

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree. No one can, or better, will, come to Him, w/o being drawn. Even being in the FW camp, no one will want to come to Him on their own. We all MUST be drawn first. You can't answer the phone before it rings, you know.

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, but take it a step further Willis:

Synergism: the doctrine that the human will cooperates with the Holy Ghost in the work of regeneration.

Monergism: the doctrine that the Holy Ghost acts independently of the human will in the work of regeneration.

You are a synergist, c'mon, fess up, that's what you are.

Ultimately, what you all (free willers) say is that YOU (THE BIG "I") put yourselves in Christ, not God. It all boils down to YOUR (THE BIG "I") choice, not God's.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He loves those who first love Him?

15. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I don't know, but all the translations I read say something along these lines:

We love him, because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19)

16. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

kosmos is the word used for the word "world." God said that we are not to "love the world"! In fact, if we do so, God will not love us! Therefore, we must hate every single person who ever lived, lives now, and ever will live. We need to hate ourselves!

;)

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The word "world" almost always means the sinful system of this world.

John 3:16 could also read: for God so loved "sinners" that He gave His one and only Son.

18. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

But, it doesn't, which means that "perhaps" we are taking the verse slightly out of context when we apply it that way.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying. Did I take "world" out of context in John 3:16?

20. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Ephesians 6:
    The Armor of God
    10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
    18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Matthew 5:43
    [ Love for Enemies ] “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44
    But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

We are not to love the world and their system more than we love God, because to love God is the greatest of all commandments. We are to love the world as God does, by giving them the Son not love the world and become apart of it. Our war is not against the people but the schemes of the devil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.