1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God doesn´t control all things?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 4His_glory, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

This is just an opinion.

I think that God created the world in such a way that it would survive whether it turned to HIm or not. Nature, the weather, even the developement of modern civilization were set into to motion by God in the beginning of the world.

CAN He control it? Of course He can and does when He wishes. But I think that the drop of water dripping from a flower in the wilderness is a result of the natural process of life that God set up when He created the world.

Why do we have organs, and blood and other medically explained functions in our bodies? Why do we need nature to survive? Why couldnt God have just made us a solid mass made of just one material and supernaturally given us life?

I believe it is because of our unbelief. He created us to survive with Him or without Him. He gave us a free will to choose, and because most choose not to trust Him, we needed nature and science to keep us alive.

It is sad that many choose to put more faith in nature itself than in the One that created it.

Again, this is just my opinion and my own theory on this subject.

AJ

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting thoughts! Never looked at the situation thru this lens. Thanks!!

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

If God controlled EVERYTHING, then we wouldn't have any sin, crime, hate, prejudices, or even disagreements anywhere in the world. We would all be puppets on a string. We are allowed to make our mistakes, commit our sins, and even commit crimes if that is what we desire. However, we will pay the price. We reap what we sow.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

When you read Job, God was in control, everything satan did he did with God's permission within God's rules. And He never explained Himself to Job either. Likewise He isn't required to explain the whys we don't understand.